Old celotape marks on windows

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
Hi, I have just purchased a caravan. The seller had adverts celotaped to the windows advertising it. In the sun they have baked on and on removal left several marks on the window. Any ideas what I can use to remove the marks?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Julie

Whatever you do DON'T use nail varnish remover on your caravan windows.

The windows in caravans nowadays are acrylic and I'm pretty sure that nail varnish remover contains acetone which will damage your windows.

Wilkinsons sell a product which is called Sticky Stuff Remover which is safe and will remove tape residue.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WD40 on a cloth is good for removing sellotape sticky residue, but make sure you wash the window immediately after using it to avoid any long term detrimental effects

Jul 10, 2005
Visit site
Whatever you eventually use don't use paper kitchen towel to apply it as the wood fibres in it scratch the acrylic. use a lint free cotton like car polishing stockinet.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
hi there, i used the polish called 'mer' on mine. this with a soft cloth and some elbow greese did the trick. hope this helps.
Hi Julie, I had the same problem with our van when we bought it last year. I bought some Ecover cream cleanser from Asda, it says it is non scratch on the bottle,and it did the job perfectly. Hope this helps, Carole.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts