old swan pub montford bridge shrewsbury

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
micheal

stayed their a few times but the last was a couple of years ago. go there becuase i do river fishing so its handy.

easy to get into shrewsbury but shrewsbury is bit of a nightmare on the one way system. site itself is o.k newish shower and toilet block. decent food and ale in the pub and they shut the entrance gate of a night. only major downside to this is the traffic noise off the A5 so make sure you you have a few xtra beers before bed

Sep 28, 2006
Visit site
thanks dave im too a fisherman looking forward to getting a few barbel hopefully thanks for the review and i think ill have a extra few beers thanks mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
let me no how you get on mike might try a visit myself in september. also if you turn right on coming out the site. and head towards shrewsbury you will come to set of lights with a shrewsbury turning to you,re left this will take to a busy little roundabout. on the other side there is a good tackle shop. doesn,t take long to get to and saves you getting caught up in the one way system.

hope you,re rod bends

dave

Jan 19, 2007
Visit site
Hi Michael

Are you staying in that area for the Shrewsbury Folk Festival? We are staying on a CL about a mile from the festival site on the showground from Friday lunchtime but will stay on after the festival finishes on the BH Monday until the following Saturday.

Denise

Aug 8, 2007
Visit site
If you want to get into Shrewsbury, there's an excellent Park and Ride scheme that operates from Bicton Heath (2 mins from the A5).

We stayed on the Oxon Park site (behind the Park and Ride) and used the Park and Ride several times. Once I got into Shrewsbury, shopped for what I wanted and out again inside an hour.

2600 parking spaces.

All for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts