omega 2.2 CD auto

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi George, We have a Omega estate 2.5v6 auto and have just bought a twin axle van and my husband towed it back from Norfolk (we are in Cornwall) and says that the car towed really well and he was glad it was an automatic. Denise

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a Omega 2.2TDi Estate on a 51 plate. It towed a van at around 1420Kg very well. Needed the usual few extra revs when on a hill start but this was a manual. Brillant car for long distance towing especially in Europe.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
George,

I have a 2.2cd manual on a 51 plate and tow 1300kg

loaded with no issues,its a great motorway cruiser.

One piece of advise thought the 2.2 engine on the

Omega is prone to sticking valves which is expensive

to fix.

I have just forked out

Jan 24, 2006
Visit site
hi guys ive got a omega 3.2 elite on a 51 plate with more than a few miles on the clock.i must say that i can not fault it what so ever (mechanicly)its very thirsty when the vans on the back 1992 elddis typhoon 4 berth but i find in the summer on the motorway the old temp realy alarmingly sits just below the red.fans come on go off its serviced not water loss oil is ok even had the gear box oil changed.has any body else sufferd with this cheers james

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Pre-2003 Vauxhall auto gearboxes are not fitted with a transmission oil cooler that is man enough to cope with the extra load towing puts on the transmission, and the resultant extra heat. Fitting a Kenlowe transmission oil cooler should sort the problem, but I would do it quickly to avoid any damage to the gearbox.

Cheers

James

Jan 26, 2006
Visit site
Dont worry about omega autos--if they have been looked after they have no need for oil coolers on the gearbox(even pre 2003s),ive towed twin axle(1600 kgs)with 2.0 auto,now got a 2.5, extra power is handy and sport button is great for downhill,never had a problem with any of my omegas(4 since 94) whilst towing and they were all autos with high milage.

dont worry they tow perfectly

Feb 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi George, We have a Omega estate 2.5v6 auto and have just bought a twin axle van and my husband towed it back from Norfolk (we are in Cornwall) and says that the car towed really well and he was glad it was an automatic. Denise
Hi,

Sorry to but in but wondered if you could help.I am looking at buying a Omega estate V6 to tow my Peageant 6 berth which has a MTPLM of 1409. I was just interested to know what mpg you acheive with your V6. Do you carry much in the back of the estate at time of towing.

Thank you.

Kitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts