Omega 2.2DTI towing performance

Jun 9, 2004
Visit site
Has anyone experience towing with a Vauxhall Omega 2.2DTI estate or saloon? I currently have an Omega 2.5TD which tows brillaintly but want to get a later model which means the 2.2DTI. I have seen some reports that the smaller diesel is slower and not particularly good towing.

Help!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have a 2.2tdi frontera & it tows superbly. i do believe the frontera ,omega & vectra all have the same 2.2tdi engine . i had a good look at the omega estate which i loved but the frontera has a bigger hitch weight allowance.... hope this helps

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mick,

I have got a Vectra2.2dti sxi and it tows brilliantly superb very economic too we get approx 35mpg towing cannot grumble at that,we have a Eldiss Hurricane Ex300 caravan ,solo we have got 50.4 mpg.We are very pleased with it to say the least.Good Luck Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 2.2tdi Omega Est which I tow a 1400kg swift van.

It tows very well - very stable with reasonable fuel consumption (around 26 to 27 mpg when towing and up to 40 mpg solo on long runs)The only slight problem is on hill starts when you have to have the balance of revs and clutch use just right to pull away well.

I previously towed with a 2.5 tdi Omega estate and again this car towed well but had the same problems on hill starts.

Overall both cars very good and not much difference between them. Both have been very good value cars especially when purchased second hand.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mick

We have recently purchased one of the last Omega Estates - we previously had an Omega 2.5V6 petrol estate - lovely tow car but very expensive on fuel! So we hunted around for a diesel (hard to find a manual one). We are very pleased (so far!) and tow a Bailey Moselle (1350kg) plus a 5 stone golden retriever in the boot (until she sadly died aged 15 two weeks ago) and also two other dogs plus all necessary equipment. The diesel pulls away without any problems (not sure how an automatic would respond). Just don't understand what Vauxhall are thinking off by discontinuing the Omega and replacing it with the Signum. It tows steadily and feels solid when on motorways etc. We also have bike racks for the roof bars, so all in all it is a great workhorse and a very comfy "mile muncher"! Happy towing!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts