On board pump runs but no water from full Aquaroll? Try checking hose connection inside external pistol grip connector

g1

May 21, 2007
Visit site
I had filled the aquaroll, connected the Truma pistol-type hose from the Aquaroll, started the on-board pump but no water came through and pump just kept running.
Eventually I found that the hose from the Aquaroll had come off the plastic tube inside the body of the pistol grip connector.
I guess with connecting and disconnecting over time it had worked its way down the tube and eventually come off but remained inside the body of the connector.

Hopefully this tip might help someone some day.
g.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
g said:
I had filled the aquaroll, connected the Truma pistol-type hose from the Aquaroll, started the on-board pump but no water came through and pump just kept running.
Eventually I found that the hose from the Aquaroll had come off the plastic tube inside the body of the pistol grip connector.
I guess with connecting and disconnecting over time it had worked its way down the tube and eventually come off but remained inside the body of the connector.

g.

We had the same problem and it was an intermittent faulty pump. It worked fine testing it on 12v, but not when dipped into water. It would "pressurise" the system and then cut off. Turned out it was breaking down under load.

Jul 9, 2006
Visit site
This summer the same issue happened to me over two separate outings. On the second occasion I removed the hose clip from within the pistol grip and replaced it with one i had with foresight added to my tool kit.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
g said:

g.
This a known fault with the pistol grip and although you can "fix" it, within months it occurs again. We are already on out 3rd or 4th one with the other three being changed under warranty. The first two went within months of ownership with the last one being changed earlier this year. What was annoying is every time we took it in, it checked out okay. Eventually we had the caravan in to them and then it was found to be faulty.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
This was a known fault on a bad batch of Truma inlets in 2000-2001 - they omitted to superglue the hose to the fitting inside - the physical clamping held for a while but the constant heating/colling from the weather eventually stretched the hose and the water pressure blew it off. I rebuild mine several times until I found out about the superglue omission - once glued it never failed again.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
RogerL said:
This was a known fault on a bad batch of Truma inlets in 2000-2001 - they omitted to superglue the hose to the fitting inside - the physical clamping held for a while but the constant heating/colling from the weather eventually stretched the hose and the water pressure blew it off. I rebuild mine several times until I found out about the superglue omission - once glued it never failed again.
I think the pistol grip has only been around for a few years? IMHO it is a bad idea to super glue it though because if you need to change just the pump, you will have an issue and will need to buy the whole assembly for about £45 instead of just £12 for the pump.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The pistol-grip is recent - but Truma had occasional issues with the older type as well.
It only needs a couple of spots of superglue, which could be cut away with a stanley knife if necessary - anyway if you need to change the pump, that's at the other end of the hose!

Apr 30, 2008
Visit site
Goodness, this forum is usefull. We had our caravan serviced earlier this week. One of the 'fails' was that the water pump was u/s, spurting water everywhere. Well, by some miracle I remembered reading this thread last summer, took the pistol grip apart and sure enough the water pipe had come away from the tube within the housing. A couple of spots of superglue and reassembled, working perfectly now. As the pump was less than a year old, the husband was all for taking it back to the dealers where we bought it. Thank you
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts