Once social distancing restrictions are lifted, do you have plans to hit the road again?

Page 4 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
I book the same site in Cornwall every year. I have just received the following email from the site (I copied and pasted below but have omitted the name of the site)...

Hi

We hope you are well

We wanted to get in contact to let you know of a decision we have made regarding the opening of our on-site facilities for July and August this year.

We are almost certain that when we are allowed to re-open the park that the government will not allow us to operate as normal and will not allow us to open our toilet and shower block facilities. So with the safety of our customers and staff in mind we have had to make the difficult decision to keep the toilet and shower block facilities closed throughout July and August.

We will only be able to accept bookings for caravans and motorhomes that have factory fitted shower and toilet facilities, so that each customer can be completely self-sufficient. We are in the process of building extra chemical disposable points around the site, and water is available throughout as normal.

Please note we will not be allowing any tents, campers, or converted camper vans onsite, this also includes pup tents next to caravans or motorhomes.

Can you please confirm for us ASAP that you can comply with these conditions and have factory fitted facilities, and that you are happy to continue with the booking?
If you wish to cancel the booking we are refunding anything paid in full and will just require the card number and expiry to be able to complete that for you. Alternatively we can alter dates to 2021 if you would prefer.

We look forward to hearing from you, and apologies for any inconvenience this may cause. It is not a decision we have reached lightly.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are hoping to go away middle of July somewhere in Nottinghamshire just for a Long Weekend the site we have booked the Toilet Block / Disabled & Showers is Shut they are following the government guidelines make sure you wash your hands . so we are using our End Washroom on our Caravan .
(My wife cannot wait to go just remember she been helping with this Virus. (Nurse)
Take Care Keep Safe Everyone

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have bookings for August but have decided to wait a bit before deciding if we can go. In the shorter time we have no plans.
The caravan is booked in for a service in July, not sure it needs the full thing, but it is better to err on the safe side and I need to know there is no damp.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have bookings for August but have decided to wait a bit before deciding if we can go. In the shorter time we have no plans.
The caravan is booked in for a service in July, not sure it needs the full thing, but it is better to err on the safe side and I need to know there is no damp.
Hi Ray We also have a break in August i hope the caravan goes straight through .. (Our caravan is 12 years old it Dampfree)

Jun 28, 2020
Visit site
Yes we are, as we have already lost 3 breaks so far, our next is a couple of weeks off and we are off to Sand Le Mere caravan site to an en suite pitch own toilet block and shower, so we should be ok fingers crossed we don't get another lock down in between, as this will be the first trip or out of house wife has been on since lock down with her health, she is going crazy being locked in for so long.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes we are, as we have already lost 3 breaks so far, our next is a couple of weeks off and we are off to Sand Le Mere caravan site to an en suite pitch own toilet block and shower, so we should be ok fingers crossed we don't get another lock down in between, as this will be the first trip or out of house wife has been on since lock down with her health, she is going crazy being locked in for so long.
Hi Cathy0987 welcome to the forum Enjoy

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Hoping to have trial run to somewhere relatively local to test out the new 'van before we (hopefully) set off for Portugal and Spain in late August.
We have severe withdrawal symptoms!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hoping to have trial run to somewhere relatively local to test out the new 'van before we (hopefully) set off for Portugal and Spain in late August.
We have severe withdrawal symptoms!
Same here last time our caravan went out was September last year :)

Reactions: PTA
Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Brown and white one parsons russel ! Black n tan Border terrier with a little jack russel, go everywhere we go, if there not welcome were not welcome.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same thoughts as us, we can't go back to The Wheatsheaf, at Greetham, due to our terrier pulling down a duckling that got to close to us. Landlord used to throw down food for the wild ducks159337335314281677166.jpg to intice them iinto the pub gardens. Looks good until you have a very clever and calm dog that is a killer.20181215_193808~2.jpg

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts