Once social distancing restrictions are lifted, do you have plans to hit the road again?

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
i have been to the LakeSide Fishery Retford on a day ticket there is some big carp in there my Pb 27lB but that was some years ago .
Peacock water's is at Timberlands ,we spent a week there at easter 2019
Free fishing if your on the site ! Theres one pitch were you can fish from your awning, some big carp in there but the pitch ive just mentioned is just right for the pole with loads of skimmers and roach close in, nice couple own it too Adam and Amanda only young! Compaired to us🙂

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Peacock water's is at Timberlands ,we spent a week there at easter 2019
Free fishing if your on the site ! Theres one pitch were you can fish from your awning, some big carp in there but the pitch ive just mentioned is just right for the pole with loads of skimmers and roach close in, nice couple own it too Adam and Amanda only young! Compaired to us🙂
Hi i find a pole is better to use i know where Peacock Waters it not to far from me .
When we go to Chapel Saint Leonards i will have look (August)Thanks :)

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Well we booked April-May and June all to no avail but this time we are off on the 4/7. I do fishing mainly on site so have plenty of bait for them . Also in hope have booked August and September, October is open to Eye Kettleby if possible.

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Well we booked April-May and June all to no avail but this time we are off on the 4/7. I do fishing mainly on site so have plenty of bait for them . Also in hope have booked August and September, October is open to Eye Kettleby if possible.
Hi Robert
Have you been to Fieldsend water just outside March Cambridgeshire ?
That one good site and the fishing is awesome.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi you fishermen, Robert and Beach ball I think you talk about areas near to us, I have stayed at Wyton lakes, slightly south east of Huntingdon towards St Ives. http://www.wytonlakes.com/. A good garden center across the road, and a cafe on site, nice moorin g /drinking place just down the road.
Not into fishing myself unless we eat them. ie, kippers, Smoked Haddock, Gravalac.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Robert
Have you been to Fieldsend water just outside March Cambridgeshire ?
That one good site and the fishing is awesome.
Hi i have been to the site we got a great hard standing service pitch fishing was awesome i love it with my pole had some great catches . that is one place we will going back to

Last edited:
Reactions: CHESHIRECAT
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi you fishermen, Robert and Beach ball I think you talk about areas near to us, I have stayed at Wyton lakes, slightly south east of Huntingdon towards St Ives. http://www.wytonlakes.com/. A good garden center across the road, and a cafe on site, nice moorin g /drinking place just down the road.
Not into fishing myself unless we eat them. ie, kippers, Smoked Haddock, Gravalac.
Also been to the garden centre my wife loves plants that are in a sale we also like Huntingdon and St Ives . i like kippers, smoked haddock , cod, we have them often ...

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Quite a few people ive met at fieldsend have told me how good it is but when i checked it out and saw the price! Errrr i'l stick with fieldsend😉

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Quite a few people ive met at fieldsend have told me how good it is but when i checked it out and saw the price! Errrr i'l stick with fieldsend😉
We were book in April and then it was change to a new booking in june and that was cancelled and now it for next year (plus our deposit )
The site is expensive we could not believe how much they charge i don"t blame you for not going ..

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
We were book in April and then it was change to a new booking in june and that was cancelled and now it for next year (plus our deposit )
The site is expensive we could not believe how much they charge i don"t blame you for not going ..
We are quite happy going to fieldsends water! Theres some nice places around there plus we have friends at peterborough, we're not to bothered about sites with club houses for us quieter the better.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are quite happy going to fieldsends water! Theres some nice places around there plus we have friends at peterborough, we're not to bothered about sites with club houses for us quieter the better.
Hi We also not into club houses never been in the restaurant i mainly use it for fishing had some nice crucian carp . melton mowbray is a lovely place (porkpie was great) i also got a cousin who lives in market bosworth ..

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
We might have a ride to melton mowbray while we're at fieldsend in august! Its a ride out , have to try the porkies😄 we tend to try and find sites that have fishing its the only chance i get , always working🤨

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes we are, as we have already lost 3 breaks so far, our next is a couple of weeks off and we are off to Sand Le Mere caravan site to an en suite pitch own toilet block and shower, so we should be ok fingers crossed we don't get another lock down in between, as this will be the first trip or out of house wife has been on since lock down with her health, she is going crazy being locked in for so long.
Hi Cathy0987 i would check with Sand Le Mere caravan site about your ensuite pitch own toilet block and shower before you go .:giggle:

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We might have a ride to melton mowbray while we're at fieldsend in august! Its a ride out , have to try the porkies😄 we tend to try and find sites that have fishing its the only chance i get , always working🤨
Hi i don"t know if you have been to this place it called Grooby"s Pit it a Adult Park near Skegness (There fishing ) have a look you might like it . :giggle:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts