only 1 brake working

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
Hi, first time posting, new to the site and new to caravans!
Im having a problem with the brake lights. I have only 1 coming on, on the lower right side as you look at the rear of the caravan (its a bailey pageant series 7). I have a 7 pin towbar electrics and bought a converter to allow me to connect to the caravan's 13.
Indicators work,
Lights work
when i brake only 1 comes on.
Oddly if I indicate and brake at the same time the dashboard in my towcar shows the fog lights symbol. I've had a look around the internet but tbh i've not a clue. any ideas?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Could the bulb have failed or have a bad connnection in its holder? A quick test with a multi meter would show if power was available at the holder. Can’t say why the car dash lights show the fog light symbol.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Jim,

more often than not this sort of problem is due to corrosion in the light fittings, or the 7 pin plug or the pins in the plug not making good contact.

First thing to try is to spread the pins in the pug and socket so they make a better contact when their pushed together.

If that doesn't work the disconnect the caravan plug from the car, remove the light lens covers and check all the bulb adn wire contacts are cleaned and remade. A light spray of WD 40 on the spade connectors and bulb contacts may help to prevent the problem in the future.

Avoid spraying the reflectors or the lenses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts