or info on poitiers site

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
I have asked a question about other area..

but alternative is poiters and futurorscope, has amyone been to le futuriste?? how far is it from the park?? I can see it has slide.

I know its not Austria but, there are places to see too! So your views.

thanks all,, got to get this sorted going in a couple of weeks nothing like the eleventh hour is there???

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used Camping Le Futuriste a few times now, but as a stop over site on our way south, and never in the height of summer. It is a well run site, english speaking manager, small bar on site, bread etc available on site. Hard standing pitches some serviced, There are a number of chalets on site. There is a small fishing lake and a recently renovated swimming complex. As regards Futorscope - you can see the park from the site and would suggest it is approx 2 miles max from site, but we have never visited it. You actually approach the camp site through the the edge of the park. In the area of the camp site is a few supermarkets etc. The actual location is Jaunay Clan and NOT Poitiers. The site accepts Camping Cheques within certain dates.

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
On the infoamtion on their website they say car off a10 and other roads is 6euroes per day..

Where would this free parking be?

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.....my mistake smiley
smiley-embarassed.gif
!
You are right 6€ per day now.......I said I have not been there for a long time...... it used to be free!

You have now brought me up to speed .......so thanks.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
.......currently at Saint -Cyr near Futurscope and Poitiers enjoying glorious sunny weather (30degC)

http://www.campinglacdesaintcyr.com/index.php#

I can recommend this site........at the moment it is about 10% full so very relaxing with a lovely cooling swimming pool.
Spent a long day at Futurscope ....12 hours as we wanted to take in the evening outdoor show which does not end till 10 pm!
There were absolutely no queues for any attraction so that was a real bonus.

Happy caravaning
smiley-smile.gif

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi g
We did get to Futuroscope as well we weren't disappointed, Kids loved it, the day went quite, loved the sea monsters, hubby and young ones went on dancing with robots, awesome only half hours wait. LOL they did it twice. We stayed at the futuriste site in the end as hol went a little haywire although people use it as stopover it is really a good site and the pool is heated to 33d so we could swim at any time...
Would go again. we were told tickets are available on Tesco points, I checked it out and they are 13.50 each so that's a definite bargain...
Loved the light show but were not lucky to have the spectacular fireworks, we have the short version, but whilst camping were treated to 2 full length fireworks they just never stopped.

Hope you enjoyed your day...

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Thanks smiley.......yes had a great day and fortunately that day was only in the mid 20's temp wise!
It has been in the low 30's for a week since then and not a cloud in the sky.
Yes Futurist is also a good site and open all year too.......I often go there in February/March on way to/from Spain.
Managed to get a deal at the St Cyr site @ £12.45/night , 10amp ehu with fully serviced pitch.
Moving tomorrow down to Angouleme for a motor racing event next week-end....hope the weather holds.

http://www.circuit-des-remparts.com/Home-1.html
Glad you had a great time on your trip.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Went to futuroscope and stayed at le futuriste about 6 years ago. I really like futuroscope (this was our second visit.) The pool at the site was small but we only stayed a few days principally to go the park. I think it was a 15 minute drive from the site to the park? The restaurant on the site was good.
mel

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts