Ordered a Bailey

May 29, 2018
Visit site
We’re making the move to a Bailey Caravan. It’s a 2021 Pegasus Grande SE Turin. Picking it up in a month. Very excited to get it out on the open road.

Reactions: Bluerocket
May 7, 2012
Visit site
The guy next to us in the storage we use has bought one and it does look very smart. Hope all goes well with yours.

May 29, 2018
Visit site
I wasn’t too bad with the single axle and we’ve always had a motor mover as backup but I would like to be able to at least get it sort of on the pitch by reversing it on.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Twin axles are reportedly easier to reverse than single axles, so it may not be as bad as you think. Our teeny tiny single axle Xplore 302 is ( counterintuitively) a swine to reverse. Because it is so small, it is out of line before you notice. Much easier to unhitch and push it ( with one hand!).
Enjoy
mel

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We are currently looking at Bailey. If either of us decide we are unhappy with the awaited repairs, we are strongly considering the Pegasus grande SE Rimini. We are so limited at home to what we can fit on the drive, and we are counting inches, that we are struggling to find a potential replacement. It looks as if almost EVERY new caravan has a fixed bed of some sort, and this of course has made them longer. Width and weight arent an issue, but the shipping length is really limiting us.

As for the reversing, as Mel says, it should be easier. As an artic man I can tell you the longer the trailer, the easier it is.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I wasn’t too bad with the single axle and we’ve always had a motor mover as backup but I would like to be able to at least get it sort of on the pitch by reversing it on.
Twin axles should help with reversing, but with the weight involved, a motor mover would be my choice.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
We have a bailey rimini with 2 decent sized single beds saves all the hassle climbing over each other, my sister has a brindisi with fixed double and you can get round it in the day but come bed time the bed has to pull out so back to climbing, a mate has just bought the Rimini grande and I think he said it was still climbing time once your in bed but ok during day, I also think that after 2019 it goes back to a small fridge instead of the tall one which is so much better, I’m sure the grande version is going to be great though.

BP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts