Outside storage cupboards

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Having visited the motorhome and caravan show this weekend we've decided to keep the Swift Lifestyle we bought earlier this year. The upgrade cost is too much to justify.

But it has focused my mind on doing something about storage. We have no cupboards or storage bins accessible on the outside so for example wet tables and chairs have to go inside which normally is on the upstairs beds. Not ideal.

There's plenty of room under the m/h and I'm sure a drawer or locker of some description could be made to fit?

Anyone know a company that could do this? Or offer DIY kits?

TIA

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There was a company called Beeny Boxes but I understand that the owner died suddenly in February so I don't know if they are still going.

There is a company in Yorkshire making something called Genie Boxes - http://www.jhcaravan.com/ - but I recall reading that they were pretty heavy so you have to be careful not to cause payload issues (that would be the same with any such box).

Graham

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the gjh, did some googling and it looks like they're out of business, No live website and their phone number is n.u. looks like a business to get into?

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
If you have a bike rack, and don't put bikes on it, then a Fiammia back box is ideal. We have one and it takes the chairs /tables ground sheet, and any other messy bits, and is easy to get to. Other wise a top box , if you have access to the roof, though not so practical

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Chirene is not the only one to go down the rear end box on a bike rack route as you see plenty about. There are some potential pitfalls you need to explore such as whether your rear wall will take the weight - I know it has been an issue on some motorhomes, whether you are comfortable driving with the 'extension', whether the countries you intend visiting allow bike racks etc on the rear - Spain used to be iffy on this, how will it affect your van's [axle] weight distribution. None of these and some lesser issues should put you off. Just go in with your eyes open. There are several versions of rear wall boxes including this one [no idea how good is this firm]

http://savaspace.co.uk/exterior-storage-boxes.htm
You could try finding a dealer or converter who will fit an external door giving you access to an under the bed locker. Or do what we do - buy a drying towel or use the shower tray.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts