Overnight Stop on way to the Coswolds

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Help needed please, We are going to the Broadway site in two weeks time, travelling from the Greenock area (west coast of Scotland) and we need a overnight stop close to motorway (M6) thank you in advance.

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
Done a similar journey 2 years ago - Edinburgh area to Broadway. We left in the morning and booked into the CC Low Park Wood near Kendal as this site is roughly half way and only minutes from the M6.

Daughter was only 2 at the time so meant she only spending 3 hours or so in the car for each leg of the journey and spent the afternoon in Kendal.

Hope you enjoy Broadway - really liked the village and was great base for touring the Cotswolds.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Terry,

Whilst you are at Broadway C.C.site do go and have a look at Bourton on the Water its a very picturesque place lovely bird gardens,thenonto Upper and Lower Slaughter very old worlde and if you have time the Rare breed Farm at Guiting Power this is where Adam out of Country Files has his farm its a marvellous place.There is so much to see and do I just hope you have the time to see all the wonderful places including Stratford-on-Avon.I was brought up near Broadway in a village called Pebworth where Shakespeare is said to have visited every Friday for a pint of ale.Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy.Jimbob

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi Terry if you are going to Broadway i take it your a member of the caravan club, On monday as we wer returning from weekend away we drove past a caravan club cl about 2 to 3 miles of the m6 your side of Preston. Look in your sites book under Longridge Lacashire. Hope it helps

Apr 18, 2006
Visit site
Hi Terry, hope you enjoy Broadway. Can you give me some advice for visiting Greenock? We are hoping to visit next year for the Tall Ships but don't know of any caravan sites nearby. The nearest we can see is Helensburgh area!!

Thanks

FrankE

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi Terry, hope you enjoy Broadway. Can you give me some advice for visiting Greenock? We are hoping to visit next year for the Tall Ships but don't know of any caravan sites nearby. The nearest we can see is Helensburgh area!!

Thanks

FrankE
Thank you everybody for your help we are looking forward to

our two weeks in the Coswalds. Thanks Again.

Frank.....

Unfortunatly there is no sites in the Greenock area.

but i can give you a few addresses and phone numbers.

Cloch caravan park in Gourock 01475 632675/634074 nice views of the river clyde (next Town to the tall ships,where i live)

James Stirret Mains caravan park -Skelmorlie 01475 520794

Kelly Bank Caravan Park Wemyss Bay (not bad) 01475 520797

CL.Mr M Watson South Whhittleburn Farm.Brisbane glen Largs

KA308sn. 01475 675881/675080 got electrics,showers.

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
we use a cl under preston on our way to scotland. We use moor hall farm about 5 miles off m6. petrol and shop just down the road. Hookup but no loo. (

Dec 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Hope you enjoy your break at Broadway its a lovely site.

But why do you have to stop en route, do it in one hit.

We do 580 miles in one hit to Wester Ross takes about 13 hours we both tow the van, would not be able to do it otherwise. We set off at 1.00am and the kids go straight back to sleep.

We find this easier than unpacking the van for one night stop off. Just an alternative suggestion

Happy Caravanning!

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Hope you enjoy your break at Broadway its a lovely site.

But why do you have to stop en route, do it in one hit.

We do 580 miles in one hit to Wester Ross takes about 13 hours we both tow the van, would not be able to do it otherwise. We set off at 1.00am and the kids go straight back to sleep.

We find this easier than unpacking the van for one night stop off. Just an alternative suggestion

Happy Caravanning!
Sue...

I would prefer to do the journey in one go,

but my wife will not tackle driving the car with the caravan on tow, so i am left to do the driving.

Plus she gets tired travelling as a passenger believe it or not, so for a quite life i agreed to stop overnight somewhere. who says i am not the boss in my house?

Thanks anyway Sue

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts