Overseas travel insurance

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife et al ( but not moi) have booked a fortnight in Greece in July 2021. All insurers have similar restrictions re Covid 19 or any mutations which basically cover medical expenses and/ repatriation in the event of being affected whilst abroad. They don’t provide cancellation cover if FCO advice changes. That’s all fine and not unexpected. But there are three companies we normally use CMHC, CCC, LV and two are not offering policies at present and one is only offering policies up to the end of 2020.

Covid and Brexit combined are making life difficult all ways around. Guess the insurers might start to underwrite business as things move along.

Edit: just tried SAGA £157.83 for single trip. £ 157.19 for annual multiple trip. Is the world going mad here? And this is for someone with no visits to doctor in 12 month or any pre existing conditions.

Last edited:

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
We were hoping to set off for Portugal, with caravan in tow, sailing with Brittany Ferries on the 24th of this month ,but FCO advice means we can't get any kind of travel insurance even with Covid exclusions. So, unless FCO changes guidance before that date, we are up the Swanee.
FCO advice on Spain and Portugal seems a bit illogical. Spain's outbreak is now reducing to low levels and Portugal's data is on a downward trajectory with zero deaths in the last two days...but maybe I'm just clutching at straws.
E111 would still cover us until December but it's inadequate in terms of general cover and I'm not prepared to take the risk.
TBH We would feel safer in the areas we plan to visit, in Spain and Portugal where infection rates are virtually zero, than in the UK.
As an aside, currency exchange rate for the Euro is pretty dire too..

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've not even tried to get insurance for Europe. Post Covid my CAMC policy was around £800 so I'm afraid that's the end of european touring but we've had a good 20 plus years and there's plenty of UK still to enjoy

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
My wife got Post Office travel insurance which did include for covid cover if caught abroad or delayed abroad for £52 and that was for the enhanced cover. So SAGA were taking the mick at £157+

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts