Overweight caravaners.

Page 38 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter - have you not heard of the expression "BOSSES PEROGATIVE" well I am using my perogative as MD to take whatever leave I so desire. Liz has unfortunately resigned, all be it on a temporary measure, and well the others are overstepping the mark and should be back at their work place by now. Next year all leave will be cancelled and all employees will have one foot nailed to the floor. There will be portable loos placed at various intervals on the factory floor which will enable the employee to use the facility without having to release the afore mentioned nailed foot.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Colin I trust that those portaloos are going to be of our manufacture and not imported from the far east.They can not be basic smokaloos because of the regulations.I think we need ro advertise for more staff with you 'exercising your perogative) I assume somwhere near Poole I will need help to ensure the business is a floater!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter - Poole is history - with a bit of luck we are off to Camping Du letty at Benodet on Thursday. Therefore all other thoughts at present are taking a back seat so you will have to deputise for me in my absence. This does NOT give you "bosses perogative" therefore do not take advantage of your temporary senior executive position.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Well the nights are drawing in,and with loads of new members to the forum I thought it was time to bring this thread back to the top to give others some reading matter in the long evenings.

Fellow directors if they are observant will have seen a large number of the smokloos and hovercraps on the telly in recent days as I managed to secure a good hire contract to supply them for the use of people lined up for manys hours outside offices of Northern Rock,as they say 'its an ill wind'and 'every cloud has a silver lining'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plotter me thinks that you are now heading for the funny farm - Northern Rock did not have the money to hire these facilities so who the hell has paid for them - I suppose you lent these as anothe freebee. You are costing us money now get some serious sales or we will all be out of work.

Managing Director.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Colin,they were paid for in advance by Northern Rock at a very good price which I will not publish on here for security reasons but the payment has been banked and cleared as it was guaranteed by Threadneedle Street.

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Hello The Plotter

Can you solve a discussion?

Here it is:

If you have a mortgage on your property against a Bank/Building Society that goes 'bust' who owns the property??? I suspect it will be held as an asset by the Building Society/Bank. All very worrying!

Interested in any replies. No we don't have a mortgage, lucky us we managed to pay it off before retiring!

Ann

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Like you I have no mortgage but believe that as a secured debt the house would be an asset of the BS but as any BS like NR would be taken over by another it is not a problem.

If you wish to join the board of Smokaloo and its subsiduaries you can submit a CV and state what position you are interested in and that way we will get ever nearer to 1000 postings.Please note Matthew could not stand the pace and has contributed little to the number of posts to this thread.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We do NOT want people in a laid back horizontal position - what we are after in our staff is the get up and go attitude in order to progress. Think positive and act accordingly - passengers will NOT be tolerated and are generally found out and SACKED within a few weeks.

MD.

May 10, 2007
Visit site
Rather than compromise the companies image I'm taking the early retirement package before I've even started.

If you could have a bit of whip round for my retirement do I'm looking for a new sun umbrella to use with the caravan and a new nose weight guage.

Ria

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
I think we need to clear up a few points:-

We will not have a whip round as this company is not into sadomasocism (how do you spell that),its raining so you need a rain umbrella and not wishing to be personal but is your nose really that big that you feel the need to weigh it!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Every person has a station in life and don't you forget the fact that your station is NOT principle management material. Some people are born leaders whilst others such as you are there to take the orders and obey them. Middle management or possibly lower senior management at a push. Next thing you will be asking for a company car and a reserved parking bay with your name, title and registration on the reserved plate.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Now you are talking,yes to the company car,4X4 of course and maybe a new caravan (to save on hotel bills when on sales calls.I have the nameplate from my parking space from my last job so we can use that.Dont forget the 8 weeks holday plus bank holidays ,final salary pension scheme and BUPA etc.The last is vital as I do get sick on a regular basis,of hearing how good the Welsh think they are :eek:)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
This is where the English and Welsh differ - the English think they are good whereby the Welsh know they are good. It is demonstrated in our deeds and actions. There is a world of difference between thinking and knowing. Regarding the other "perks" you have requested you have not yet earned all your stripes let alone have pips on the shoulder. When you deserve any of the comapny perks you will be considered accordingly.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Yes now I understand you mean that it is the spelling for those on the other side of Offas ****.................................................................................................................................................from England that is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts