Owners Towcar Database.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with Prof John L in most of his comments/pointers,however if it is also hoped to create a rather broad in-site into Fuel Consumption Figures;I shudder to think what the:- Would-be Accountants figures will produce.The calculation methods ranging from 'I get all week out of a Tenner' to 'Well, a gallon is near enough 5litres or so therefore' !!?.
I have learned over the years not to trust the on-board 'This is what we want you to think' computer!.It first began with my 1983 2.8i Granada Ghia X Auto Estate.I ran that 'Thirsty Luxury Barge on Wheels' for 8yrs;Loved Every Mile and got a lump in my throat the day it was driven away from my home:-by its' new owner.I kept every receipted item of expenditure,for 225,000 miles.One day whilst laid-up in dock I ran a calculator of Fuel & Mileage figures (from my Self Employed Accounts); it was far from what 'Mr Ford'(The German Relative)wanted me to believe.
I use the conversion of 4.5461litres to the gallon and do a physical calculation based on Two Positive Facts,the litres(on level ground) that go into the tank divided by 4.5461 = gallons and then divide the mileage between Fill-up/Top-up by the gallons slurped!.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts