Oxidisation of skirting on 2004 Swift Sundance 530LP

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The side skirting on my Swift Sundance 530LP has started to bubble and is looking quite unsightly. The dealer tells me that it is water getting under the paint which is causing the bubbling. Has anyone got/had a similar problem, and if so how was it remedied.?

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you will need to get a re-paint to cure that. The van is now 10 years old so you cannot expect the suppling dealer to repair it for free I suppose.
Hopefully they are aluminium skirts rather than steel ones, otherwise you might be facing a more serious corrosion problem. Worth scraping a bit of paint off to find out. If it is steel gone rusty you will need a more fundamental solution than just a repaint.
I suggest you take the MH to a selection of accident repair firms in your local area to get quotes for a repaint. The quotes might vary surprisingly.
What you will prbably need is surface preparation and filling then primer and repaint. I have used a commercial caravan/motorhome repairer who does insurance and dealers' work and he quoted a very reasonable price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts