P.C.Tip of the month Double Water Hoggs

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Good Morning
Received my copy of the Magazine, and read the tip of the month on page ten. Can somebody tell me how it works, or am I missing something??? Surely if you syphon water from the top hogg into the lower one it will keep running until the top one is empty, whether you are pulling water from the bottom one or not, unless there is some form of stopcock in the lower hogg.
smiley-undecided.gif

I do not carry an extra hogg because of the extra weight, so carrying a breeze block would be out of the question.
smiley-undecided.gif

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
daveandow said:
Good Morning
Received my copy of the Magazine, and read the tip of the month on page ten. Can somebody tell me how it works, or am I missing something??? Surely if you syphon water from the top hogg into the lower one it will keep running until the top one is empty, whether you are pulling water from the bottom one or not, unless there is some form of stopcock in the lower hogg.
smiley-undecided.gif

I do not carry an extra hogg because of the extra weight, so carrying a breeze block would be out of the question.
smiley-undecided.gif

I looked for the tip, but cannot find it. What page is it on and maybe we can answer your question. Page 10 is the start of the "Letters". Have you got the correct magazine?

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
If their intention was 'to save on refilling time' as the tip suggests how's that work then?
If they've got to fill up both aquarolls (or water hogs) surely the time taken to fill both containers would be twice that of filling one container and they still have to mess around with breeze blocks and extra bits of pipe - not thought this through have they?
smiley-undecided.gif

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
I use two aquarolls. One is connected and the other is used as a standby only because it is sods law that the aquaroll runs out late at knight and when it is pouring with rain. I just change them over and do a refill of the first one at my own convenience.

I do not see how or to what advantage the suggestion in the magazine has.

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Unless everything is 100 % sealed surely the water will just run from the higher waterhog onto the floor,bet no-one at PC tried it out first

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Parksy said:
If their intention was 'to save on refilling time' as the tip suggests how's that work then?
If they've got to fill up both aquarolls (or water hogs) surely the time taken to fill both containers would be twice that of filling one container and they still have to mess around with breeze blocks and extra bits of pipe - not thought this through have they?
smiley-undecided.gif
Thanks Parksy
That's what I thought in my OP Thought I was missing something. Would also need pair of steel toe capped boots to carry the breeze blocks around
smiley-wink.gif

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Deli Dave_ said:
Unless everything is 100 % sealed surely the water will just run from the higher waterhog onto the floor,bet no-one at PC tried it out first
That's right would have to refill every FIVE minutes
smiley-laughing.gif

May 12, 2011
Visit site
This would work (sort of) by just standing the two together, at the same height, connected by a tube. It would give you twice as long without having to *** out and swap over I suppose but hardly worth the effort except in unusual circumstance like leaving an infirm person on their own, without having to worry so much that the water might run out on them. Must start work on a tip if thats all it takes.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
How heavy is a 50 litre water hogg?
Woulnt fancy lifting it to any hight let alone, lift & try and balance it on a couple of breeze blocks at the same time.

Perhaps pc could give a more detailed explanation.
Cheers
John

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
starlight dj said:
How heavy is a 50 litre water hogg?
Woulnt fancy lifting it to any hight let alone, lift & try and balance it on a couple of breeze blocks at the same time.

Perhaps pc could give a more detailed explanation.
Cheers
John
50 kilo's plus weight of Hogg
smiley-smile.gif

Feb 18, 2008
Visit site
Could somebody explain the logic of having more than one aquaroll or similar. For the life of me I can't see it. On average we use a bit under 40 litres of water per day and we aren't particularly 'careful' users. This means a single trip to the water point each day to get fresh water and, at the same time, taking the waste grey water to dispose of.
Generally speaking 40 litres in equals 40 litres out so if more than one aquaroll was used then logic says that more than one waste water vessel would also be required. The time taken to fill 1 fresh water container = X minutes, therefore the time taken to fill 2 is twice this time. So where is there any time saving ? Perhaps it is that the water can be filled every other day but total time refilling water during the 'holiday' remains exactly the same.
Perhaps some are afraid of running out of water at an inoportune moment but I would suggest that this is more likely to happen when using more than one aquaroll (or similar) as the time between fills becomes more distant and vague unless, like us, we get our chores done in a morning finishing off with filling up our one aquaroll and emptying the one wastemaster. Time taken, about 5 minutes.
Time wasted is cleaning and packing away two aquarolls and 2 waste containers which add totally unnecessary weight and take up a tremendous amount of space in the caravan or car.
No, I just cannot see the logic. Sorry. The only people to benefit are the manufacturers of the containers.

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Yep... I read this to... come on pc, at least check the tips... this would never work...

the containers have to be the same height, and then the water will just keep itself level across the 2 containers...
Best of all i have seen this tip before... so youve been had lol

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did somebody day APRIL issue? I can't believe nobody at PC spotted that wouldn't work......wondering how long it'll be before the dealers start doing offers on 'caravan-friendly' breeze blocks....or throwing a couple in a with starter packs.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Ricky

Unfortunately the text of your post has failed to load to the message board.

It's highly likely that the reason for this will be your choice of web browser. Contrary to popular belief most versions of Internet Explorer use older incomplete codes which do not automatically update and which do not comply with present day internet technology. Microsoft recognise the problem and have come up with a way to resolve this issue, Click Here for instructions on how to activate the Internet Explorer compatibility mode. Alternatively you might like to choose a more up to date web browser such as Mozilla Firefox.

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
The set up I use was passed onto me by the previous owner of my caravan ( a caravanner of 30 years experience) and I have only used it only once with no problems.

It consists of two aqua rolls sitting side by side and inter connected via a short hose with isolation valve (regular plumbing type) on each aqua roll. When the two aqua rolls are connected to each other via regular hose connections, you will know the type (yellow & red ones) from your local garden centre the isolation valves are then opened thus joining the two together. you now have 80 litres of water at your disposal without fear of running out. You have to ensure the connections are at ground level other wise you will only empty the aqua roll to which your feed is taken from. OK you still have to empty the wastemaster in between fill ups but that's not a problem.
On our only trip so far after two nights there was very little water left, not surprisingly after using a shower in a caravan for the very first time.

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
We have an inboard tank and we also have two Aquarolls that both have pumps that feed the inboard tank via a 'Y' connector, NO concrete blocks.
It works for us, we just find it less trouble knowing that we're not going to run out of water.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts