Pajero or NissanTerrano to pull a caravan??

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi,

Looking at getting both a caravan and a new car. Anyway - I am looking at car wise - a Mitsubishi Pajero Exceed - 5 door LWB (Shogun in UK but Pajero are there name in Japan) or a Nissan Terrano. Not paying more than £5K for the car and may even pay less for the Pajero.

Anyway - any advice on these from towing a caravan/mpg etc. Both will be diesel.

In ref to the cravan if iot helps - will be looking for a 4 berth - probably 17ft one - single wheelbase.

Thanks

Scott

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
Hi Scot,

I have owned both of your vehicle choices and towed with Shogun albiet a SWB - the thing that makes a Shogun/Pajero such an outstanding towcar is the effortless way it does things. Stick it in overdrive and just go, no worries about weight, it will easily pull any caravan on the market, and on the motorway stick it in cruise and leave the thinking to the transmission.

Downsides are high fuel consumption - hi teens MPG towing and low twenties solo but show me any large 4X4 that is good on fuel - whatever any body says! Also, and you probably know this, insurance for imports is expensive.

As I say, never towed with my Terrano but as a reliable workhorse couldn't fault it - cruise and climate control not available so not as slick as the Shogun - try the POCUK website they usually have some enthusiast owned Pajs for sale - also a VG caravan section.

Lots of luck in the search.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Tried both these vehicles when looking for a 4x4 and eventually plumped for the Terrano, year 2000 2.7tdi touring. Decent spec., tows our Ace Award Northstar well but mpg is poor when towing, not much better without. I might have opted for the Pajero if it had roof bars cause we use a roof box quite a lot, but more than happy with the Terrano. Terrano prices are starting to fall now that Nissan have replaced it, so shop around. Hope this helps.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts