Jan 22, 2006
Visit site
Hello,

Anyone had experience towing with an auto diesel pajero.

Read some problems about overheating on steep hills.

I am thinking of buying a M or N reg pajero or a P or R reg shogun, long wheelbase.

Thanks.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hello Simon

I tow with a K reg 2.5 auto turbo diesel s.w.b. Pajero which i've owned for 3 trouble free years. I think you'll get one at a good price at present owing to the tide of anti 4x4 hysteria.

The only trouble with them is that they can be a bit thirsty.

The Pajero owners club is free to join and has an excellent technical forum and Iwould advise you to check it out before you buy anything Just Google pocuk and it should get you there. Good luck

Regards Steve

May 18, 2006
Visit site
Simon, I towed with a SWB 2.8 with no problems at all. The van was about 1250kg fully laden - well within the 85% rule. It slowed a bit on hills bur I could manage the legal towing speed no problem. Visibility was excellent and it was very easy to manouver the caravan when reversing onto plots.

I think the 2.8 (chain cam) is better then the 2.5 (cam belt) for towing. As Steve said, check out POCUK.com/forums and read the caravanning section for loads of advice.

Graeme.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
hi simon

we towed a superstorm for 5yearswith a manual 2.5 turbo D.In all that time we never expierenced any problems,perhaps we were just lucky but thats the way it was.

jim

Jul 23, 2005
Visit site
hi i had a 2.8 m reg for a year it was not very good wouldnt rate them at all got to a hill and it wanted to go backwards they are underpowered heavy car getting on for 3ton and the timing chains stretch as i found out cost me

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
i have owned my M-reg pajero for 2 years now and its a fantastic towcar. yes it can be thirsty about 20 mpg,and on steep hills it will slow down but,we are towing a bailey carolina 6 berth with bikes and awning and all the stuff. stability is brilliant and no problem keeping up to the speed limits. got mine from a 4x4 garage check the website www.nandpmotorworkshop.co.uk, fantastic garage.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts