Pandy, Abergavenny

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike, we stayed at Pandy a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. It's a small site with ususal excellent CC facilities and is set in the most beautiful countryside for cycling, walking etc. Only unusual feature is the main railway line which passes along the edge of the site on a high embankment. The trains make you jump at first, but you soon get used to it. I don't think they run at night, but you can check this with the wardens. Quietest pitches are by the river which is the side furthest away from the railway line. We'd stay there again. Best of luck, Graham

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Mike, we stayed at Pandy a couple of years ago and enjoyed it very much. It's a small site with ususal excellent CC facilities and is set in the most beautiful countryside for cycling, walking etc. Only unusual feature is the main railway line which passes along the edge of the site on a high embankment. The trains make you jump at first, but you soon get used to it. I don't think they run at night, but you can check this with the wardens. Quietest pitches are by the river which is the side furthest away from the railway line. We'd stay there again. Best of luck, Graham
Thanks Graham for your posting. It was very helpful particularly about the railway. We do like out peace and quiet so my only comment on the being by the river pitch, is that a friend told me of bad flooding when they stayed there many years ago. Apparantly it had rained heavily up in the hills which caused the river to rise and flood during the night. They got their van off site and parked in a layby up a hill, but went back to rescue those who needed help. I guess it is one of those one off events, but the weather does seem to be producing alot of those recently. Still we are only going for four days so surely nothing like that can happen again can it..........????

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Sorry Mike, only just noticed your post. The only point I would like to clarify is the trains do run at night but as Graham said you get used to it. The rivers around here are really low and my local stream is bone dry which Ive never known before. Poor wildlife, it was full of Sticklebacks and Minnows probably Loaches too. To cause a flood we would need a deluge at the moment. From Pandy take a ride over Capel-y-Ffin, a lot of it is single track with passing places but worth it. It comes out in Hay on Wye which is full of second hand bookshops. Another nice place with easy level walking is the Monmouth and Brecon Canal.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Lord B

my wife and i stayed in the summer the first train came thundering through at 3 AM we nearly jumped out of skin ,then its half hour till about 11pm , and watch out for the woman pushing a dog around in a push chair ,other than that a superb site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts