PC Techies - help

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Hi all you pc techies.

I need help on my laptop, I have spent a few hours pulling hair so hope someone has an easy to follow guide.

I am trying to uninstall the avg ( don't ask )
I have done the obvious, click on avg click on uninstall but a box appears saying
I will have to wait while the programme running finishes.

What programme??? can anyone help??//

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Smiley cant help with your query, but am wondering about the time it is taking you to get on here, I am having the same problem
last night it took over 5 minutes to load a page then it was over a minute each time after that.Logged off come the end!
So tried it today at work and all was well, Tonight is the same though each page is taking over a minute to load, I was going to email our super mod but as you have bought it up I will wait like you for a response.
Sorry if I have interupted your thread.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Just got back on it took 41 minutes to load the page, back with you in an hour
smiley-undecided.gif

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
thank you sproket

that did in a few minutes what I had been frustratingly screaming at
a machine!!!!
Why my machine could follow its own instructions and carry out the task I don't know.

But its back now and safe to use..

I should have come to a man who can first. LOL

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Gagakev said:
Hi Smiley cant help with your query, but am wondering about the time it is taking you to get on here, I am having the same problem
last night it took over 5 minutes to load a page then it was over a minute each time after that.Logged off come the end!
So tried it today at work and all was well, Tonight is the same though each page is taking over a minute to load, I was going to email our super mod but as you have bought it up I will wait like you for a response.
Sorry if I have interupted your thread.
Thanks Sprocket, you're a star.

I found the forum page very slow to load yesterday and ran scans on my computer, cleared the cache etc; in case the problem was at my end.
Obviously it isn't because you have had the same sort of thing. Has anyone else noticed that when the loading is taking place the small box at the bottom left of the screen which usually shows something like 'transferring from Haymarket cdn ' sometimes shows something else, containing something like 'Read Tealium'? I can't quite catch what is written but I think that there may have been some sort of software test happening, I'll try to find out later.
The forum seems to be running ok again today so far, is anyone still experienceing problems with slowness?

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Parksy said:
I found the forum page very slow to load yesterday and ran scans on my computer, cleared the cache etc; in case the problem was at my end.
Obviously it isn't because you have had the same sort of thing. Has anyone else noticed that when the loading is taking place the small box at the bottom left of the screen which usually shows something like 'transferring from Haymarket cdn ' sometimes shows something else, containing something like 'Read Tealium'? I can't quite catch what is written but I think that there may have been some sort of software test happening, I'll try to find out later.
The forum seems to be running ok again today so far, is anyone still experienceing problems with slowness?

Tealium is tag management software http://www.tealium.com/ and is supposed to speed things up, obviously it is not working as expected
smiley-laughing.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, I wondered what it was. I only noticed it because the website as so slow to load yesterday, if it's there today it's probably doing it's stuff because the site seems much quicker now.
smiley-laughing.gif

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear all

We're got the spanners out and are looking it what is causing the slow loading. We haven't changed anything significant so are just checking that nothing has dropped off :/

Update later!

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Dear all

We are still looking at what is going on. From what I'm being told, we have not switched anything new on, rather have told Google to stop searching loads of older PC pages that are not very interesting. This is to help Google like us!

We cannot easily replicate the problems but if possible, can anyone who has been suffering from slow running just let us know what operating system (Windows / Mac / Linux...), what browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) and what anti-virus you are using in case we can spot a pattern!

Thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Nigel,
I am using windows vista with google chrome at home with the problems
Here at work again Vista but with Firefox, bit slow but ok
Am going to try Firefox at home tonight
Hope that helps

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I normally use Firefox on Windows XP and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. There are no issues with the anti virus software but intermittent slow loading of message boards and ugc after Save has been clicked. The slow loading appears to be most prevalent when new content has been added to the message board.
Edit: another issue is the tendency for the bold text to appear on ugc when it was not selected. This may be caused by the bold pink signatures in previous posts because it always happens after a post containing the bold pink signature has been submitted.

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
I'm on W7 & using Chrome, BUT this has started happening last night when opening the forum page up......
smiley-surprised.gif

PCvmalwaresnipe_zpsf0fbf422.jpg

This is one of the many IP: addresses that are coming up....
smiley-surprised.gif

PCvmalwaresnipe2_zps63eb902a.jpg

This has never happened before, the Malware that I use is the pro version that I have to pay for.....
Edit:
17.51 08/04/2013
PCvmalwaresnipe3_zps3d174514.jpg

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Parksy said:
I normally use Firefox on Windows XP and Kaspersky Internet Security 2013. There are no issues with the anti virus software but intermittent slow loading of message boards and ugc after Save has been clicked. The slow loading appears to be most prevalent when new content has been added to the message board.
Edit: another issue is the tendency for the bold text to appear on ugc when it was not selected. This may be caused by the bold pink signatures in previous posts because it always happens after a post containing the bold pink signature has been submitted.
Think I have to agree with Parksy can flip through the pages ok

Apr 7, 2008
Visit site
Kev,
I don't have a problem with the speed & turning the pages......
It's the Malware alerts that concern me.......
It has never happened before on this web site.....

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Sproket said:
Kev,
I don't have a problem with the speed & turning the pages......
It's the Malware alerts that concern me.......
It has never happened before on this web site.....
Hi Sprocket, not having the Malware Alerts
Just tried downloading Firefox and my anti virus Eset terminated it !!!! I give up, I'll have another go tomorrow

Foot note Nigel just learnt I'm on windows 7 here at home(with chrome) and not as previously stated (Vista)

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
hi all, I am using windows 7 and firefox with Avast on the laptop, no problems whatsoever even tried an Edit after sprockets post loaded instantly. only problem I have had is that dam box that appears asking for a code entered before posting does it every other post,
edit, ps it has just done it again posting this

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'll try to get that sorted out for you tomorrow Colin
smiley-smile.gif

Does anybody else have to enter a captcha code into the anti spam box?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts