PCB fuse blown on Truma water heater. Cause?

Jun 11, 2018
Visit site
I inadvertently left the gas cowl only half removed on my ageing Abbey Vogue 212. When I switched on the gas water heating the green indicator stayed on (ie it didn't change to red), but later (quite a few minutes) just went out completely. I've found a blown fuse in the area of the PCB that manages gas ignition. It's a T1.6 amp and I have ordered a replacement fuse. Question is, would a partially removed cowl have caused this problem? Once previously when I inadvertently left it on completely, the red indicator cam on after a few seconds.

I can't quite see why the cowl needs to be refitted each time you move on. Seems more like a job you do when winterising the outfit. That was the case with my old Swift motorhome.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Adgediy said:
I inadvertently left the gas cowl only half removed on my ageing Abbey Vogue 212. When I switched on the gas water heating the green indicator stayed on (ie it didn't change to red), but later (quite a few minutes) just went out completely. I've found a blown fuse in the area of the PCB that manages gas ignition. It's a T1.6 amp and I have ordered a replacement fuse. Question is, would a partially removed cowl have caused this problem? Once previously when I inadvertently left it on completely, the red indicator cam on after a few seconds.

I can't quite see why the cowl needs to be refitted each time you move on. Seems more like a job you do when winterising the outfit. That was the case with my old Swift motorhome.

The cowl isn't for winterisation it's to keep rain and dirt out of the heater as being low down compared to fridge vents it is more susceptible to ingress of detritus on the roads, and creepies too when on site or in store.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts