PDQ Awnings - Any thoughts....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Has anyone any experience of using one of these awnings? It seems like a really good idea as they remain on the rail in a bag and then just 'fold out'. We would welcome any tips or thoughts....

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
Hi

we bought one thought it was great, until it leaked had a tiny bit of wind and it ripped, so has been sent back and recieved a full refund. If you do purchase one make sure you buy from a company that will refund. we have now purchased a bradcot portico xl

Feb 28, 2006
Visit site
Hi

we bought one thought it was great, until it leaked had a tiny bit of wind and it ripped, so has been sent back and recieved a full refund. If you do purchase one make sure you buy from a company that will refund. we have now purchased a bradcot portico xl
My Friends bought one from the NEC and i thought id'e check theirs out before i bought one glad i did! theirs ripped near to the awning rail the first night no wind,it was replaced and the second one ripped same place the following weekend they have now had there money back!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just got back from using a PDQ awning for the 1st time this w/end, took a little longer to put up than there claim of 2 mins.

Apart from that not a bad little awning, a silly door zip tho we thought that you can only open from the centre to the floor, not from floor upwards like on our full awning.

Was windy on the Friday night & was ok, with tie down kit supplied with it.

Andy

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just got back from using a PDQ awning for the 1st time this w/end, took a little longer to put up than there claim of 2 mins.

Apart from that not a bad little awning, a silly door zip tho we thought that you can only open from the centre to the floor, not from floor upwards like on our full awning.

Was windy on the Friday night & was ok, with tie down kit supplied with it.

Andy
I am thinking of getting one but, can I ask how easy or difficult it is to put away? Can one person fold it back into its bag?

Thanks

Tony

Mar 26, 2006
Visit site
my advice would be don,t we went to the caravan show at the nec on the 25th fed 2006 and seen these awning at a towsure stand we thought they are a brilliant idea so we brought one went to our caravan the next day and put it up which went brilliantly the weather was cold but there was no wind or rain we went down the the local village only gone a couple of hours we came back to find the awning had ripped were it is sown into the bag so we had to take it down again we phoned towsure they said they would send us a replacement the replacement came within a few days we went back to the caravan and put the new one up everything seemed ok the weather was a bit windy but nothing to bad we went to bed on the friday night got up saturday and to our horror the awning had ripped again the same thing had happened as before but at the opposite side so we phoned towsure again and told them we didn,t want another one we wanted a refund they was very good and sent us a full refund we have now brought a sunn camp porch awning which is a lot better made and have had no problems with ( thank god) it cost us a little more than the pdq but well worth it hope this helps

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
my advice would be don,t we went to the caravan show at the nec on the 25th fed 2006 and seen these awning at a towsure stand we thought they are a brilliant idea so we brought one went to our caravan the next day and put it up which went brilliantly the weather was cold but there was no wind or rain we went down the the local village only gone a couple of hours we came back to find the awning had ripped were it is sown into the bag so we had to take it down again we phoned towsure they said they would send us a replacement the replacement came within a few days we went back to the caravan and put the new one up everything seemed ok the weather was a bit windy but nothing to bad we went to bed on the friday night got up saturday and to our horror the awning had ripped again the same thing had happened as before but at the opposite side so we phoned towsure again and told them we didn,t want another one we wanted a refund they was very good and sent us a full refund we have now brought a sunn camp porch awning which is a lot better made and have had no problems with ( thank god) it cost us a little more than the pdq but well worth it hope this helps
Has anyone had experience with the improved Mark 2 model,

which supposedly redressed the problem of water egress at

the awning rail bag, and I understand the zip has been

modified to open normally.

I am thinking of buying one, but am waiting to see what

comments re the new version.

Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts