Peeling trim issue

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have all had the issue of the trim covering the joints peeling. The picture was take awhile ago and it is even worse now. I know of the solutions suggested using a warm iron to stick it down again, but that only seems to last several months and it starts to peel again.

A more permanent and drastic solution is to use D shape trim like this to cure the issue and stapling the trim down instead of gluing it. However I am wondering if using a glue gun will produce the same results, but the concern here is that in hot weather the glue may start to melt?

What have you found to be the best long term and more permanent solution? Thanks.

Trim peeling1.jpg

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I wish I knew. We have had this problem to some extent on most caravans. Personally I would not use staples as these would be visible.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I wish I knew. We have had this problem to some extent on most caravans. Personally I would not use staples as these would be visible.

My mistake as the D type in my link seems to be one piece and not two pieces. On our previous caravan the trunking was similar to D trunking used to cover the joins on the ceiling. You staple the bottom part to the wall and then clip the top part onto the bottom part. The trunking is not hinged, but is two pieces.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Ours is mainly wood effect but like yours in the wardrobe, I have had quite a bit of peeling. I use PVA glue and a wallpaper edging roller, you have to keep going back with the roller until the glue is dry so a bit of persistence is needed but I have had very good results and of course it dries clear

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
The tape is awful. I bought a roll, about £25 but enough for all walls. It comes as a match for the wall finish. I believe it is commonly used in different caravan makes. It wasn't difficult to change. I used a heat gun ut gently. But it did not last long.

The problem I find with gluing them is keeping the overspill clean. Water-based products just don't take well enough. And solvent based glues are really messy.

I no longer have the problem but will follow to see if anyone has found a cure.

John

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts