Peeved off, another repair in the offering!

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Kevin...........Do you want another cunning plan?

Something tells me that pesky screw will undo itself again and the squeak will be back.
The little gits work loose when the caravan is being towed and everything is flexing.
It has happened to my caravan a lot!!
Here is the plan if it does work loose......remove screw completely ......inject silicone sealant into the hole and put screw back in and tighten.......remove excess silicone.
The sealant has good adhesive qualities but remains flexible and stops the screw working loose.......works for me.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Gafferbill said:
Kevin...........Do you want another cunning plan?

Something tells me that pesky screw will undo itself again and the squeak will be back.
The little gits work loose when the caravan is being towed and everything is flexing.
It has happened to my caravan a lot!!
Here is the plan if it does work loose......remove screw completely ......inject silicone sealant into the hole and put screw back in and tighten.......remove excess silicone.
The sealant has good adhesive qualities but remains flexible and stops the screw working loose.......works for me.

I was wondering about that but at least i now know where my screw's loose ;)
Thanks for the tip, might take a tube with me tomorrow and be on guard ready for him.

Talking of squeaks I have a confession, I was cutting my grass tonight and ran over a little mouse, he didnt suffer, it was over pretty quickly, rest in peace :eek:hmy:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts