Pegasus Alarm

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi all
We purchased a 2010 Bailey Pegasus 524 last year, and intermittently an alarm will go off while travelling, it seems to go off after a few minutes or a few miles, it always seems to be when leaving home, it has never gone off on the return journey, it lasts for a few minutes then stops, the sound appears to be from underneath the caravan, can anyone explain what it is and how do we stop it please

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you got a burglar alarm? If so sounds like the tilt sensor is working. We had a senator that would unaccountably sound an alarm as we pulled away. Never got to the bottom of it but only happened on out journey. We never used the alarm on site only in storage.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’m pretty sure that in 2010 Bailey were still fitting a Tracker system that incorporated an alarm, the siren for the alarm sometimes would be fitted underneath the van and would have a black metal cage fitted over it, the cage is a bit like a colander full of holes so easy to recognise, if it’s not underneath the van then it will be under one of the bench seats with it pointed towards one of the air vents in the floor, as you probably no longer are paying the tracker subscription the easy solution is to just disconnect the siren, the alarm will still be going off but as it isn’t making any noise it doesn’t matter, I’m assuming you didn’t get given a remote fob when you purchased the caravan, if you did then let me know as that changes the situation.

BP

May 6, 2019
Visit site
I think we did get fobs, the previous owners never used them and we never have, I will try and find them, thanks BP, I will update you

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
It sounds like the caravan alarm has been set for tilt mode only, ie, so you could have pets inside the caravan and they would not set the alarm off, but if the caravan is moved then the alarm will go off. Look under one of the front seats and their might be a black box with maybe a make name such as "Sargent " on it. If that is the case then their website will give instructions to disable the alarm system.
Edit.
Just checked the caravan was originally fitted with a Tracker Alarm, so go to there website for information on Alarm settings.

May 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you for the help. I will look for the box, and I am sure we got fobs, but as I mentioned earlier, we have never used them but could be the source of the problem.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
If you find the fob/fobs let me know and I’ll explain setting it, Tracker alarms never had a tilt sensor only a shock sensor and PIR, I can’t remember when Bailey stopped fitting the full alarm but if that’s what you have we can soon identify it, even if you don’t want to pay a subscription for the tracker there’s no reason you can’t still use the alarm side of the system as there’s no cost, if someone decides to nick it or tries to steal the contents it might possibly make them think twice if the siren is sounding.

BP

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
When the Pegasus came out around 2010 it was the top of the range - the now top of the range Unicorn did not arrive until the following year. Hence the Peg was fitted with all the bells and whistles some of which are now either not fitted or are optional extras - ATC, extractor fan, and Tracker.
If the OP looks under the front seats he may find the sounder which is internal over a vent in the floor - it looks like a small black horn loudspeaker. The fact that it goes off after a few minutes and runs for a short time says it is Tracker, and as it is the full monty version it may know it is on the move through GPS. He should dig out the fobs and press the button - one beep means the apalrm is off, two beeps mean it is on. There is a small red LED on the fob - if it does not light when the button is pressed then the battery may need replacement. Just open the case with a penknife and change the battery (2025 from memory but likely I'm wrong.)
If the OP needs help call Tracker support.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I think we did get fobs, the previous owners never used them and we never have, I will try and find them, thanks BP, I will update you

I really think finding these fobs should be your first act. If the alarm is activated, and set for tilt only (didnt know you could do this), it will alsways trigger when you tow the van. I can understand why somebody would turn off the PIR particularly if pets were being left unattended, but I cannot see why anyone would turn off the perimeter alarm. Perhaps it is faulty.

Find the fobs and reset the alarm.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It hasn’t got a tilt sensor and never has, it simply has a shock sensor that is active when the alarm is switched on, the alarm is either on or off, there’s no options for switching features on or not you simply switch it on, the PIR has its own batteries that need changing at regular intervals, as you move around in the van the PIR will have a red internal led if not then it will need new batteries, either AAA type or the oblong 9 volt depending on model, easy to change by removing small screw at the rounded end of the PIR, another misconception is that it works on GPS, it doesn’t!

BP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts