Pegs for a seasonal awning

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Our van is on a seasonal pitch. It is on gravel covered hardstanding. We can only leave an awning up continuously during July and August as the site is up a hill and it can be windy.
So we bought a full poled awning for the purpose. It is a seasonal quality canvas, has steel poles and we have an external tie down and have ratchet straps to hold the frame down internally.

We tried it over the bank holiday weekend. It was windy on Sunday and as the canvas moved, some of the pegs pulled out. We weren't alone, a few other awnings had similar problems. We have experienced this before with our air awning. We think it is the hard standing substrate that isn't holding the pegs.

We generally use screw pegs. Any suggestions for something better. Thanks in advance
Mel

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Can you source some longer coach bolts or similar from perhaps screwfix or ebay ??
I havent looked yet but reackon there's some out here some where.

Also Mel another tip I could give you as you have the steel poles, when they are in place, to stop them closing in with the wind, purchase some jubilee clips and put around the poles at the joint it stops them closing.

Edit; I found it was better to have a bit of play on the awning and not have it really tight so as to give it a bit of play when the wind does blow.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts