Pembrokeshire

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Andrea,

We visited Pembrokeshire for the first time last September. We stayed at the caravan club site at Freshwater East. A nice site with usual facilities.

Only a few minutes walk from the beach at freshwater. Good supermarket in Pembroke less than 15 minutes away. Also close to Tenby which has a superb beach.

We were lucky with the weather and spent several days walking parts of the Coastal Path. Fairly easy and well signposted. You can walk from the site without having to use the car.

Our first trip but we will certainly be back in the near future.

Graham

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Andrea,

I would also recommend Freshwater East.

We've stayed there for the past couple of years and are booked in for two weeks in the Summer. Apart from the lovely beach on the 'doorstep' it's also a short drive/or a fair walk to one of Wales's best kept secrets - Barafundle Beach. Look it up on Google (images) to see for yourself. Freshwater West (where they filmed part of the new Harry Potter and Robin Hood films) is also close by and has a fantastic beach with great surf.

We will be using the site as a base to explore the surrounding area.

Cheers,

Mathew

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Mathew we found Freshwater east in 1982 we have just come back to caravanning and hope to return and yes we found Barrafundle bay on the second day, beach to die for never found one since that's has pretty, have seen it in magazines a photographers joy

NigelH

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Mathew we found Freshwater east in 1982 we have just come back to caravanning and hope to return and yes we found Barrafundle bay on the second day, beach to die for never found one since that's has pretty, have seen it in magazines a photographers joy

NigelH
Nigel,

I discovered Freshwater East accidently through work about 7 years ago and thought what a little gem of a place it was. I only discovered Barafundle by accident a couple of years ago when talking to a colleague in work who couldn't believe that I'd never discovered it before!

However, it's best to keep it a secret I reckon as everyone will what to go there! :)

Mathew

Dec 14, 2008
Visit site
Nigel,

I discovered Freshwater East accidently through work about 7 years ago and thought what a little gem of a place it was. I only discovered Barafundle by accident a couple of years ago when talking to a colleague in work who couldn't believe that I'd never discovered it before!

However, it's best to keep it a secret I reckon as everyone will what to go there! :)

Mathew

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts