people carriers

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi mike, i looked and road/family tested them all before i got a kia sedona 2.9 crdi,glad i did, it does not disappoint,lot more car for your dosh and that engine is just fab when towing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Buy a Kia Sedona-you won;t know the van is on the back-7 seats good fuel economy with diesel and they are a lot cheaper than Espaces etc for the same model year and have a much better spec Air Con,Elect Windows etc.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a 52 plate Sharan and it is fantastic at towing our caravan 1250kgs my mate has a big twin wheel caravan and he says it pulls that great as well, I towed from Brittany home to Chester one tank of Diesel. I have had no problems with it at all

I use it as a five seater when I go in the caravan and take the two back seats out and put the awning and poles in the boot with deck chairs wheel changing equiptment ect I also put two bikes on the back as well.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
i have towed with most mpvs over the years.up until recently i used a vw carravelle superb now i have a merc v class ambiente brought second hand at 4 years old -absolutly superb .its got 7 good quality seat ,a decent boot ,factory fitted rear air suspension ,the deisel eng with auto box is brilliant,i would recomend looking at one

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have just bought a 2001 Kia Sedona , great car pulls my 2004 Elddis Storm 1900 kilo max weight no problem and after a Discovery it feels like a sports car , a great car for a great price

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mike, I towed an Elddis (@1300kg fully loaded)for a few years with a 1.9 Tdi Sharan. It was a very stable unit and the Tdi engine pulledwell. The car does need to have the rear seats removed for holdng gear but with that done it coped admirably. Still managed to get 30+mpg average towing and as much as 60+ on a run. Now changed to the Focus Cmax 2.0lt Tdci which has kerbweight of 1520kg, max. tow of 1500kg, noseweight of 75kg, but loved the Sharan while I had it.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mike can I add that I have used a Renault 2.2 Dt Grande Espace very sucsessfully for caravan and twin axel 2tonne trailer, No real problems with its perfomance. Previously used an Espace 2litre petrol, and find the diesel much better overall. I cant knock other makes, because I havn't tried them - stick with a Diesel modern ones are excelent and dont lack too much on perfomance these days.

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Great towcars. Very stable and plenty of boot space.Pulls quite a good sixe van.

If you can get the 'Versatility pack' you will get a load cover, which is useful to hide what is in your boot.

Have a look at "www.fordgalaxy.org.uk " this is an unofficial site with a good forum.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts