Permanent Caravanning New Thread

May 2, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I am getting lost reading the thread on this. I am thinking of permanent caravanning for the next couple of years. Can anyone tell me what the laws on this are please for both tourers and statics. What my options are, how do I go about it etc. Can we keep this thread factual rather than peoples life stories as I am sure this thread will be very informative to me and a lot of others. Many thanks.

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Good point there Scott.

We started full timing at the end of april.

First of all I believe the law states that you can only stop on onr site for 28 days consecutively, but we have not moved from our site yet and the managers seem un peturbed about our stay. Actually they offered us a seasonal pitch last weekend but due to the nature of my job being normally uk wide, I couldn't take up the offer. But at

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Our site is a commercial one that is mostly statics and seasonal tourers. It has 18 casual touring pitches and is aimed at the adult sector as there are no childrens play facilities.

You can get a lot cheaper sites using cl's but obviously you then are getting less facilities for the money.

We are on a grass pitch which does mean moving the van over by 10 foot to allow the grass to recover in the awning area. This is despite us not using any ground sheet.

Our site has excellent toilet and shower facilities and a good laundry. For example even using the toilet block as much as poss, I have to empty the cassette every 3 days, which consumes the chemical at a fair rate.

Steve L.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
We have visit your site later in the year as it is one of the best sites we have camped on and actually better than some CC sites and that is saying something. We enjoyed a little sojourn in the New Inn in Pembridge and the manager was quite helpful. We can recommend this site to any one as most of the pitches are fully serviced.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts