Pet Insurance

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Our cat was knocked down 2 weeks ago, she survived but needed extensive treatment. The final bill was for £1086.83p which we had to pay up front to the vets.

The vets submitted our claim to the Insurance Company who have said they will meet the claim in full less £50 excess. Further they said I could expect the cheque within 7 to 10 working days.

So the £65 cost of the insurance premium has been good value. The Insurance company is linked to a well known High Street Store who advertise It's your M & S.

Val & Frank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Really pleased it worked out well for you Frank - Hope the cat continues to do well.

My only concern about the high street outlets is that it is "caveat emptor" or buyer beware. Obviously not a problem here with Pet Insurance, but can be for things like Life Assurence etc that usually should be written in trust to ensure the moneies goes to the intended beneficiaries.

Just be aware that if you buy from such outlets, no responcibility is taken by the outlet (in this case M&S if I read you correctly).

As I say - not a problem in this pet insurance case but probably best not to extrapolate this good experience to all insurance/assurance.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
One of my daughters' house cats had a trip to the vets last week with a bad foot, the Xray revealed a couple of broken bones. My daughter was naturally concerned with the cost of the treatment, and was pleased that the vet did not expect payment immediately.

She phoned the insurers for a claim form which arrived in the post next day, she took the cat to the vet for a checkup, vet signed claim, form submitted, all settled and my daughter paid

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Frank hope all is well with your cat, Im pleased that M&S are good in this market as our dog is insured with them but as luck would have it not had to claim yet, but sounds good news for claims anyway

Kevin H

G

You may have a shock when you renew the Insurance. Our daughters renewal was massive. She called them and the guy just said, "Phoning to cancle like everyone else" , " Don't tell me I know, it's to expensive", "thanks for you call I don't sell any more I just take cancellations" poor guy sounded most depressed!

I know it`s gone up but i`m not bothered. I`ve found out a brief cost as someone who has the same dog and age as mine lives near to me and has had her renewal. I`m sure i can stretch to an extra

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi

Received our cheque today for the full amount less the excess. As JackieandSteve pointed out if you have had good treatment you are willing to pay the increase.

You can't insure your cat or dog any place else, and have the current injuries covered, but stay with the company and you remain covered. Insurance is a for profit industry,you claim you pay, stupid cat, but she does give us a lot of pleasure.

Val & Frank

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts