Pet Travel to Morocco

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone advise on the procedures/pitfalls on taking a dog to Marocco and returning through Spanish Mainland.

The dog has a full EU valid passport.

Any info would be appreciated

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
As Morocco is not in the EU, I would have thought that there would be some form of quarantine at the point of entry to the EU. Look on Foreign Office website for advice or contact them direct by telephone. Some border guards are not as well regulated as ours and I would not want to take a chance with an animal that belonged to me.

Steve W

Aug 30, 2006
Visit site
There are two things to consider; the legal situation and ( depending upon the time of year ) Processionary Caterpillars.

All you need to know about the legalities you will hopefully find on the DEFRA website at .

http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pets/pets/travel/index.htm
And if you want to guard against the dog facing a horrible death enter 'Processionary Caterpillars Spain' into Google and take all the advice offered.

Olly.

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
Morocco isn't part of the Pet Passport Scheme (as others have said, go to the DEFRA website where everything is clearly laid out). Therefore, you would be looking at six months' quarantine coming back into the UK. Some non-EU countries do qualify under the scheme but Morocco isn't one of them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts