Petition.

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
count me in also

we need a engine that recognizes home addresses as well as e-mail addresses then you can only register once unless you move house and changed your e mail at the same time

many people have muliple e mails and can register many times if they like I have 4 emails on the go at the moment, not to be clever but by nessesity one for home from the ISP, one for the wife, one from hot mail as it wont accept my other, and one for work, so in theory I could register 4 times this has to be wrong?

Mar 9, 2007
Visit site
Add my name to the list too. More security, keep genuine caravanners able to discuss their queries and chats without hassle from the likes of those trouble makers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello

This forum engine is very much behind the times, and it really should be the case that a contributor's nickname cannot be duplicated or hijacked. We have been advised many times that a new engine is to be launched, so where is it?

The inability to control malicious actions must be amended.

Through the actions of a few, the whole forum is being brought into disrepute, and it has cause some contributors to feel bullied and abused, to the point that they have been forced to withdraw.

Haymarket Publications should seek to do something about this. There are plenty of forum engines around that successfully provide proper protection to the contributors and the forum owner, and provide the moderators with the flexibility of tools to keep the forum a safe place for all.

I vote for action!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Include me as well.

To answer cris's question - The Eriba Forum started out on using the MSN Group and 18 months ago this was deemed "unsatisfactory" and we moved to a modern (phpBB) forum engine.

When I say unsatisfactory, don't get me wrong, MSN Groups worked fine - and unlike here the MSN software and user registration was secure - but it didn't offer "message editing" nor "in-message images" nor could you branch a thread (where a thread should progress as two separate threads). And if a Troll appears it's easy to ban them for ever.

And since the Eriba Forum is essentially sponsor-free, the phpBB software was chosen because it was free to groups like ours.

Robert

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Include me as well.

To answer cris's question - The Eriba Forum started out on using the MSN Group and 18 months ago this was deemed "unsatisfactory" and we moved to a modern (phpBB) forum engine.

When I say unsatisfactory, don't get me wrong, MSN Groups worked fine - and unlike here the MSN software and user registration was secure - but it didn't offer "message editing" nor "in-message images" nor could you branch a thread (where a thread should progress as two separate threads). And if a Troll appears it's easy to ban them for ever.

And since the Eriba Forum is essentially sponsor-free, the phpBB software was chosen because it was free to groups like ours.

Robert
So you have a secure forum Rob. I guess it comes down to cost here!

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
So you have a secure forum Rob. I guess it comes down to cost here!
Hi Cris,

Yes - both the previous and current Eriba forums are "secure" - single e-mail address / single account / access password sent by e-mail to e-mail address.

The forum supports five levels of access - "normal user", "limited access user", "moderator", "system administration" and "banned" - and we haven't resorted to that yet.

And aside from people's valuable time, the forum software and SQL database engine were free.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the attention of the mods, this is me logging on for the first time today, thanks.
I actually worked a full day today, Lisa. Now, I don't want any medals or unstinting praise, but a little recognition of this milestone would be appreciated. Working this weekend too. BOOHOO!

I mentioned the log on because of the earlier post by the other Lol.

Imitation, sincerest form of flattery.....

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For the attention of the mods, this is me logging on for the first time today, thanks.
OOOh, you'll be getting promoted next. I wonder what Gaye has in mind for your pay rise?

I keep missing all these fake postings.

Lisa

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
This is an education to me, I didn't know it was so easy to get on as someone else. Clearly the technology is there to improve security so lets use it, Haymarket pubs can't be short of a bob or two. Count me in.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts