Peugeot 307 sw - Suspension

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi

Thank you for all your input.

The noseweight is actually 60kg. I was looking through the forum last night with my husband and he called me a silly *** ;-) and said that the noseweight is 60kg and not 65kg.

Everything with the car and caravan is within its legal and safe weight/towing limits. Although, when we first bought the car being new to caravanning we really did not consider anything to do with the noseweight. All we were interested in, is what the car would tow. This is now something that has really opened our eyes, and we will make sure that the next car we buy will have a better noseweight limit.

The car was washed and polished yesterday, and will be in the Auto Trader tommorow :-( The noise on the car was just a wheel bearing and the garage said that there wasn't anything wrong with suspension/shocks etc.

We spent yesterday looking at cars that would be suitable and the problem that we have got is getting 3 children in the back. Our 2 smallest children have car seats, which means the eldest gets squashed amongst them.

Our Peugeot has 3 seperate seats not the bench style seating.

Adrian, the Mondeo wasn't any good as the back seat slopes downwards, and the children were all squashed in the back. It is a lovely car and my Husband saw a lovely titanium model yesterday that he totally fell in love with.

We have resigned ourselves to the fact that we will need a 7 seater and have 3 on the shortlist. The Peugeot 807, Renault Espace and Kia Sedona. Any views on either of these would be much appreciated.

Thank you again for all you advice, without you guys and the forum I would be at a complete loss.

Sam x

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
sam, tell us all what % the cars individually tow your van at and what max towball weight they are?.

i had the new sedona it had problems and went back but sometimes i really miss it. the size of it compared to the santa fe is second to none and it tows alot more. you can pick like a 06/56/07 up from about 8500-9000k now.

i hope you dont mind me asking how much is in the pot that might give us an idea and maybe help some of us look for you aswell.

what area of the uk do you live.

jo xx

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
sam, tell us all what % the cars individually tow your van at and what max towball weight they are?.

i had the new sedona it had problems and went back but sometimes i really miss it. the size of it compared to the santa fe is second to none and it tows alot more. you can pick like a 06/56/07 up from about 8500-9000k now.

i hope you dont mind me asking how much is in the pot that might give us an idea and maybe help some of us look for you aswell.

what area of the uk do you live.

jo xx
dont let my prob with the sedona put you off. it was the metering unit i told them for a month what it was but they wouldnt listen. it got fixed and sold on from the garage. i would have another one yes

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Jo

Just been reading reviews on the Sedona and they haven't got airbags in the back which really puts me off.

I have been looking at the Ford C-Max, as my Dad owns one and his Bailey Burgundy tows lovely with it. It has 3 seperate seats in the back, but am not sure whether it will be big enough.

The budget is 6,000. Not worried about where the car is located as we will travel if it means we are going to get a better car.

Our adria has an MTPLM of 1300 kg, so we are looking at anything above that really.

Sam x

Jan 12, 2009
Visit site
Forgot to add, hubby's choice Land Rover Discovery, probably could only afford anything from a W-Y reg (very practical)

Or he said I could have a Vauxhall Zafira 2.0 gsi turbo (insurance bracket 13)

Men!!!!!!!!!

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Sam.Shame about the Mondeo.Mines the Titanium model too.

How about one of the following(bearing in mind you need room for the 3 little ones).

Honda CRV

Nissan X Trail

Nissan Terrano.

I think all the above allow a more generous noseweight for you especially the Honda model from 2005 which gives a 100kg noseweight and an 85% figure of 1391.(maybe just above your price range though).

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jo

I have posted a new topic under Ford Galaxy, as I think this is what we are looking at buying.

Thank you

Sam x
Hello Sam,

I have just now neeg nosing about the web trying to find out about the towing capacity of the 307 Hd1 2 litre diesel. Then I saw your submissions about towing troubles. Well, I bought a Sedone in late 06 to tow a German LMC Caravan of 1600 Kg here to France and all over. We covered some 22,000 miles and I have to say it was a joy. The Sedona is so 'in command' that you can practically have a picnic as you go along! It's also economical, provided you don't want to burn rubber. Example, here to Roskoff (350 miles) was just below 40 euros....The car is strong, comfortable and reliable....and they are not expensive. Mine is a 2.9 litre auto diesel. I have heard some topping 300,000 miles....

I was only looking at the 307 as a No2 car and wondered if it would haul 1400Kg (the empty weight of our caravan). They are expensive here and so I figured I would buy one in UK and bring it over. We do a lot of nipping in and out of our local shop-town and the 2 ton Kia is silly to drag for 10-20Km for milk and bread. But I cannot recommend it strongly enough for what you want to do.

If you need more info simply e-mail: chastick@hotmail.com.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts