Phantom Tracker

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone had a problem with a Phantom Tracker whilst disconnecting the main battery over the Winter Months, our 'van is in a storage compound, I contacted Phantom and asked them for advice and they said that they would know that I would have disconnected the 12V battery but the units own battery I was told would only last for a few days and the 'van should be connected to mains The storage where we keep it does not have mains hook-up, so we are snookerd, I dont like leaving the battery in the 'van for a prolonged period but if I disconnect it I would invalidate our insurance. ANY IDEAS PLEASE>

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi,

i have a spare(120amp) battery,got motor mover to, which i change over every 4mths or so,it would probably last longer,but that keeps the phantom and alarm in working order

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
I had a battery go flat in storage - it triggered the Phantom Tracker - Two possible solutions - Ideally I will get a second battery and change over every 2 or three months - other option is that I will take the van home for 3 or 4 days every two months, have it connected to the mains (which should recharge the battery), give it a clean and then put it back.

I was impressed that they were able to pinpoint the vans location within a few yards so at least the system works!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had a battery go flat in storage - it triggered the Phantom Tracker - Two possible solutions - Ideally I will get a second battery and change over every 2 or three months - other option is that I will take the van home for 3 or 4 days every two months, have it connected to the mains (which should recharge the battery), give it a clean and then put it back.

I was impressed that they were able to pinpoint the vans location within a few yards so at least the system works!
hi,

connecting to the mains wont charge your battery to its full charge,as most caravan chargers are there to keep the battery topped up only.best way is to disconnect and take home and use a dedicated leisure battery charger(which will charge it to its full capacity) to re charge.having a second battery is definately the better option,then you can recharge and replace at the same time without any long time interruption to your tracking system and alarm

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
Buy a small solar battery trickle charger,this will not charge a battery but will help keeping it topped up.
Thanks for your help everyone, I will probably take JohnnyV's suggestion.However I am rather surprised that the Phantoms own back up battery system will only last a couple of days, I am sure I was told that it would last a lot longer than that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts