Philips rip off

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have a Philips LCD TV in the van. We took the power supply abroad to power a 5" screen so that we could more easily view what we had filmed whilst on holiday. The nice kind baggage handlers at Havana airport broke into the case and the items stolen were, the power supply, the charger for the camcorder, digital caravan and the two bottles of rum that were in the case.

I found a website selling a suitable power supply - cost £29 delivered. Thought I would have a laugh and find out how much one from Philips was - £101!!!!!!!

I think next time I buy a TV I will ask that they do not supply a power supply and deduct £100 from the price - that way they are £1 up.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dusty, i've let the cat out of the bag. I actually work for MI5 and MI6 and it is something that we have developed for James Bond. Now, he can take an accommodation unit wherever he goes in a suitcase and, using digital enhancement techniques turn it into what appears and can be used as a caravan. We normally efer to it is a digital camera for security but I have slipped up here. We have also produced a digital beer crate so that he can place what appears to be a beer crate outside the caravan so that he fits in with other caravanners. He wanted Martini bottles, but we said 'no, caravanners aren't as sophisticated as that and that he would stick out like a sore thumb'.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Dusty, i've let the cat out of the bag. I actually work for MI5 and MI6 and it is something that we have developed for James Bond. Now, he can take an accommodation unit wherever he goes in a suitcase and, using digital enhancement techniques turn it into what appears and can be used as a caravan. We normally efer to it is a digital camera for security but I have slipped up here. We have also produced a digital beer crate so that he can place what appears to be a beer crate outside the caravan so that he fits in with other caravanners. He wanted Martini bottles, but we said 'no, caravanners aren't as sophisticated as that and that he would stick out like a sore thumb'.
:) Oh to have some proper smilies!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts