Pigtails and Alarms.

Nov 12, 2021
Visit site
Hello.
Many may already know about the following, but I didn't, so others might not.
I've just had my caravan serviced and got two advisories:
1, The rubber type LPG pigtail connection from the bottle to the regulator has a lifespan of 5 years from the date of fitting and mine needs replacing. Stainless steel braided ones have a theoretical life of 20 years.

2, When my factory-fitted Carbon Monoxide alarm came to the end of its life last Autumn, I replaced it with a quite expensive combined CO and smoke alarm. Apparently, for caravan, motorhome and boat applications the device must comply with BS EN 50291-2: (2019) The one I fitted is the older BS EN 50291-1: (2008) which is still fine in buildings but, not for mobile applications.

More expense, as I had my partially worn but, five-year-old tyres replaced not so long ago..

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
In my opinion, pigtails are a not-so-expensive but important necessity.

IMG_1361.jpeg

Smoke and carbon monoxide are the same no matter where they are, I would be very happy to stick with what you have. It is only an advisory, at least it shows they were observant.

Not too happy with some technicians. On my last service, the batteries were out of my smoke alarm. Cost me £6 for a new one fitted. The old one was in the draw.

John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hello.
1, The rubber type LPG pigtail connection from the bottle to the regulator has a lifespan of 5 years from the date of fitting and mine needs replacing. Stainless steel braided ones have a theoretical life of 20 years.

2, When my factory-fitted Carbon Monoxide alarm came to the end of its life last Autumn, I replaced it with a quite expensive combined CO and smoke alarm. Apparently, for caravan, motorhome and boat applications the device must comply with BS EN 50291-2: (2019) The one I fitted is the older BS EN 50291-1: (2008) which is still fine in buildings but, not for mobile applications.

More expense, as I had my partially worn but, five-year-old tyres replaced not so long ago..
I’d be quite content to retain your existing detector as until the new specification came out what was used beforehand.

Jun 6, 2006
Visit site
Hello.

Not knowing how old your caravan is but if it has a bulkhead regulator the gas pigtail has a 10 year life, the orange lpg hose for bottle regulators I believe is five years

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts