pipers height & marton mere-blackpool

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys, has anyone stayed at either of the above sites?

i am looking at booking a week away next year as the kids want blackpool. Marton mere been a haven seems to have better entertainment facilities and is around £50/60 more expensive it appears.

anyone any views or experiences on either site?

thanks

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Never been to Pipers Heights so can't comment on that one. Been to Marton Mere a couple of times but it was quite a while ago when our grand kids were much younger so it may well have changed since then, but I would describe it as a typical Haven site. What I would suggest you consider though is, it will be more expensive as you have already said and given the amount of entertainment available in Blackpool would you actually make use of the onsite entertainment and facilities. I know when we were there I think we visited the bar/ entertainment complex briefly once, we were mainly in town at shows or whatever. Might be just as well going for a less expensive option.
Hopefully someone will be along with more recent experience of the site.

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
Robtel said:
Never been to Pipers Heights so can't comment on that one. Been to Marton Mere a couple of times but it was quite a while ago when our grand kids were much younger so it may well have changed since then, but I would describe it as a typical Haven site. What I would suggest you consider though is, it will be more expensive as you have already said and given the amount of entertainment available in Blackpool would you actually make use of the onsite entertainment and facilities. I know when we were there I think we visited the bar/ entertainment complex briefly once, we were mainly in town at shows or whatever. Might be just as well going for a less expensive option.
Hopefully someone will be along with more recent experience of the site.

thaks for the reply....

thats the thing, i dont know what a typical haven site is like tbh.

we never stay out real late, so entertainment on a night around blackpool would most prob be a no, my kids dont seem to have a bill attention span, unless its somthing they really are into lol

but i am thinking what you think though (all be it slightly different) if we are out all day and back at caravan for t time, will they be that bothered about the clubhouse. the hol we just come back from we only went in a handful of times.

thanks,H

May 7, 2012
Visit site
If you do not want a bar or swimming pool and all the noise that goes with it, the CAMHC site at Blackpool South might be a better bet. Like all club sites it is well maintained and well run, it is also flat and has a children's play area and is a little nearer the sea and easy to reach. There is a Tesco very near for cheaper food than site shops. For a week it is probably cheaper to join the club rather than pay the extra for none members though.

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
The wife and I went there about 7yrs ago and the site had several groups of travellers and they were very very noisy all night with cars and vans speeding and screeching tyres.The white vans with the plastics facias on the top.We reported to the office on our leave and told them about the trouble and they denied all knowledge of travellers on the site.

Volvo r-design & Coachman 565

May 7, 2012
Visit site
There was some trouble there when travellers broke into the site some years ago and the club had to use legal proceedings to get them off. This was a one off and should not be a problem now.

May 27, 2014
Visit site
We have been to pipers height a couple of years ago - tidy site with modern toilet block however not much for children - expensive if I recall correctly

HNB

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
I ended up booking on the marton mere site.

I hope the referal of travellers was to the pipee heights site now lol

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts