Planning french road trip

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It contains personal data and also our own POIs and a record of our recent destinations. I can understand if a crime has been committed, but traffic offence? The EU had Data protection laws. However best is to stay within the law and obey the speed limit.

My Garmins have all given the option to turn off speed camera warnings.

Ern

May 23, 2021
Visit site
However they can warn of an area where there may be a camera. I think that even in France they would require a warranty to access your private information on a satnav as that contains your data.
Danger Zones may be shown on the sat nav. In the case of TomTom (I can't speak for others) the French Norm compliance statement is embedded in the sat nav's data, and this makes it legal. Check your sat nav and you may find it.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Danger Zones may be shown on the sat nav. In the case of TomTom (I can't speak for others) the French Norm compliance statement is embedded in the sat nav's data, and this makes it legal. Check your sat nav and you may find it.
i will make a note and check our sat nav data thanks :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Not till it safe to do so probably next year now :)
We were last there with the caravan in 2018 for 4 weeks just south of La Rochelle, but could not make 2019 due to other commitments. Where did you go the last time you were in France as so many great campsites especially if using ACSI?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were last there with the caravan in 2018 for 4 weeks just south of La Rochelle, but could not make 2019 due to other commitments. Where did you go the last time you were in France as so many great campsites especially if using ACSI?
We would like to go to Brittany go on the overnight ferry to Saint- Malmo and stop on a campsite but at present taking caravanning day by day (Bad Back) We have been to France also been through Paris and seen Eiffel Tower . that was some years ago . Camping card ACSI - The Camping and Caravanning Club .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We would like to go to Brittany go on the overnight ferry to Saint- Malmo and stop on a campsite but at present taking caravanning day by day (Bad Back) We have been to France also been through Paris and seen Eiffel Tower . that was some years ago . Camping card ACSI - The Camping and Caravanning Club .
Paris is way down the bottom of my list of places to visit and ceertainly not with the caravan. Which site did you use near Paris? We prefer to avoid any large cities unless necessary as don't like crowds and heavy traffic. :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Paris is way down the bottom of my list of places to visit and ceertainly not with the caravan. Which site did you use near Paris? We prefer to avoid any large cities unless necessary as don't like crowds and heavy traffic. :D
I inadvertently took a caravan through Paris en route to the Jura. Somehow I came off the BP and as I exited an underpass there was the Eiffel Tower alongside of us. But actually then finding our way back in the correct direction was inordinately easier than London. Didn’t have a sat nav at that time either.
Love Paris as a place to visit but only by staying in the central area.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We did not stop at any sites on that trip it was a 5 nights special in a hotel h/b and we saw Paris and the shopping centre and the Tower .:)

Reactions: otherclive
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We did not stop at any sites on that trip it was a 5 nights special in a hotel h/b and we saw Paris and the shopping centre and the Tower .:)
Often thought of doing the Eurostar to Paris and stayinng 2- 3 nights before returning just for the adventure.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
We were coming North from Montingnac, and the sat Nav was showing that we would bypass Paris on the western side, all of a sudden it decideds to take us through the underpasses to the east and then up to the A1. Just wish the wife had stayed awake rather than using the map as a pillow. I can now navigate around Paris without the Sat Nav.

• Haha
Reactions: Anseo
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Navigating Paris is a doddle, particularly on the Peripherique, just shut your eyes and think of England, because you are only going where the French want to go, its like being trapped in a flash flood. Its my third in a list of hated ring roads, second is the Tangianalle at Milan, but the most hated of them all is Leeds. Leeds is the only city i ever have problems with, particuallrly in those underpasses when the satnav says hard cheese fellah.

Reactions: Hutch
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were coming North from Montingnac, and the sat Nav was showing that we would bypass Paris on the western side, all of a sudden it decideds to take us through the underpasses to the east and then up to the A1. Just wish the wife had stayed awake rather than using the map as a pillow. I can now navigate around Paris without the Sat Nav.
Never driven in Paris we got taxis to where we wanted to go when we were there on our break

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Post Covid and the attitude to Anglaise not sure I really want to visit France. BB where do you fancy going with the caravan? Loire Valley is pretty and maybe a long drive down to Perpignon

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Post Covid and the attitude to Anglaise not sure I really want to visit France. BB where do you fancy going with the caravan? Loire Valley is pretty and maybe a long drive down to Perpignon
DD Look at #33 it says where we would like to go but looking at next season now :)

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Most regions of France have nice places to visit and explore.. 🇫🇷 We’ve being going there regularly since 1986 our last visit to Paris being summer 2019, then the bug put a halt to things.

Reactions: Beachball
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Most regions of France have nice places to visit and explore.. 🇫🇷 We’ve being going there regularly since 1986 our last visit to Paris being summer 2019, then the bug put a halt to things.
otherclive the only time we have been to Paris is 1994 but would like to explore more areas when it is safe to do so .:)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
How much extra in mileage to La Rochelle what the area like is Flat :)
To Châtelaillon-Plage or Port Punay camp site which is just south of La Rochelle is about a 4 1/2 hour drive or 212 miles and is flat around there. We normally do it easily in a day with 3 - 4 stops. Campsite has fully serviced pitches. Beach is less than 1/2 mile away and area good for mobility scooter. Several supermarkets are about 4 miles away and include a Lidl.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
To Châtelaillon-Plage or Port Punay camp site which is just south of La Rochelle is about a 4 1/2 hour drive or 212 miles and is flat around there. We normally do it easily in a day with 3 - 4 stops. Campsite has fully serviced pitches. Beach is less than 1/2 mile away and area good for mobility scooter. Several supermarkets are about 4 miles away and include a Lidl.
Thanks for the information might be able to take my mobility scooter you have been a great help in this matter . :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts