Plassey Leisure Park

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Allyson the call of bed (from the wife) overtook me. My days of standing infront of a group of students for hours on end are now thankfully over. The college was overdrawn by

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All - My wife and I arrived home at mid afternoon on Sunday after an excellent week at Plassey Leisure Park. The site was all it is shown in the brochure and very quiet and relaxing. Toilet/wc amenities were very clean and plenty of free hot water to the showers. The staff when needed were also very helpful and obliging. The wildlife on site is not so wild - the ducks would eat out of your hand and also come into the awning. Lovely walks around the site/golf course and also small garden centre (wife bought four tomato plants first day of visit so had to water each day, bring them in the van each night from possible frost and gently carry them home)

The site is very central for places to visit such as Chester, Llandudno, Llangollen, etc. and the roads were very goad with easy access to the site off the Oswestry - Wrexham road.

The only down side was the fact we had to come home (back to reality).

Hi All - My wife and I arrived home at mid afternoon on Sunday after an excellent week at Plassey Leisure Park. The site was all it is shown in the brochure and very quiet and relaxing. Toilet/wc amenities were very clean and plenty of free hot water to the showers. The staff when needed were also very helpful and obliging. The wildlife on site is not so wild - the ducks would eat out of your hand and also come into the awning. Lovely walks around the site/golf course and also small garden centre (wife bought four tomato plants first day of visit so had to water each day, bring them in the van each night from possible frost and gently carry them home)

The site is very central for places to visit such as Chester, Llandudno, Llangollen, etc. and the roads were very goad with easy access to the site off the Oswestry - Wrexham road.

The only down side was the fact we had to come home (back to reality).
Hi Colin,

I'm very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us!

With best wishes, and hope to see you again soon,

John Brookshaw The Plassey Leisure Park www.theplassey.co.uk

May 11, 2007
Visit site
Hi reply to gill about the fishing at The Plassy, we booked this site because it had 7 lakes, now, to say they were ponds would be an exageration 2 had no water, 2 were puddles with no fish, 1 was no more than 6feet across, 1 was fishable but nothing over .5lb and never did find the 7th. this is not the place to go if you want fishing, under the trade description act i dont know who regulates this but it wants looking into. the site was good very clean, but if its fun you want this is not the place as no noise after 11 and they do come round and tell you to be quiet. hope this helps

Hi reply to gill about the fishing at The Plassy, we booked this site because it had 7 lakes, now, to say they were ponds would be an exageration 2 had no water, 2 were puddles with no fish, 1 was no more than 6feet across, 1 was fishable but nothing over .5lb and never did find the 7th. this is not the place to go if you want fishing, under the trade description act i dont know who regulates this but it wants looking into. the site was good very clean, but if its fun you want this is not the place as no noise after 11 and they do come round and tell you to be quiet. hope this helps
Hi Jo,

I sorry you were disappointed with the fishing, but in my defence I would say........

1) We only advertise we have 5 small fishing ponds - this can be confirmed by looking at any of the website / literature on my park. You only have to look at an earlier posting of mine on this chat forum to check this.

2) Last summer we experienced exceptionally dry weather, and I agree the water levels did drop......but you are wrong to say the ponds were like you discribe.

3) Fishing in the ponds is FREE OF CHARGE. If you want to find some larger fish, I can gradly show you lots of commercial fisheries that would happily charge you the privilage to do so.

4) I make no apologies for the No Late Night Noise after 11.00pm rules. If you want to party after that time.....I don't want you on my park!

To be frank lots of people & families are delighted with this rule at The Plassey......and it lets them have a decent nights sleep. Why else do we find so may people returning again and again?

Happy holidays,

John Brookshaw Owner The Plassey Leisure Park

May 13, 2007
Visit site
Hi Jo,

I sorry you were disappointed with the fishing, but in my defence I would say........

1) We only advertise we have 5 small fishing ponds - this can be confirmed by looking at any of the website / literature on my park. You only have to look at an earlier posting of mine on this chat forum to check this.

2) Last summer we experienced exceptionally dry weather, and I agree the water levels did drop......but you are wrong to say the ponds were like you discribe.

3) Fishing in the ponds is FREE OF CHARGE. If you want to find some larger fish, I can gradly show you lots of commercial fisheries that would happily charge you the privilage to do so.

4) I make no apologies for the No Late Night Noise after 11.00pm rules. If you want to party after that time.....I don't want you on my park!

To be frank lots of people & families are delighted with this rule at The Plassey......and it lets them have a decent nights sleep. Why else do we find so may people returning again and again?

Happy holidays,

John Brookshaw Owner The Plassey Leisure Park
Hi John

I too do not want this .... man on our park!!

Happy holidays,

Julie Broad Owner Emral Gardens Caravan Park (Adults only)

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
After reading about the Plassey leisure park I looked online and was most impressed, that was until I read that they charged for dogs and we have 5. So that means no visit there for us , such a shame.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Erica - I think nowadays most sites charge for dogs, and many site will also restrict the number of dogs. I have yet to see a site allowing five dogs on with one party of caravanners. I suppose mind you it will all depend on the size and breed of the animal.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
colin there are plenty of sites that allow that many dogs, just as there are many private sites that don't charge for dogs.

If the site has a nice dedicated dog walk I will pay to use that site but until I know I always use sites that don't try to rip dog owners off. We all know the sites, not only do you pay a nightly fee but also for showers, dogs, awnings, if you have a boat etc. It's a wonder theres not meters on the loo doors .... unless anyone knows different :O)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lord B. I have stayed on many dog-friendly sites, especially when we had a dog. Most sites have charged extra per night for a dog. I will be honest I don't recall having seen any caravanner with five dogs, two yes but not five. If the animals are not intimidating and well behaved why not. The sites we have stayed on generally have excellent dog walks, some walks were as far as the individual wished to go. As far as meters on loo doors hush don't give them ideas. I can imagine Liz standing outside the toilet block with clip board and stop watch and the final bill will be itemised on how often and now long the ablutions were used for. What with her mop and bucket and blue light and bull bars on her buggy she will become a right little dictator.

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Yes we do have 5 dogs. 2 border collies, 1 labrador and 2 shih tzus. They always come with us when we go away and have not been refused any site we have been on up to yet. We tend to pick dog friendly sites has a rule, which have a good doggy walk. All our dogs are well-behaved and trained. People come upto us saying they cant believe how good 5 dogs can be and some even didn,t know we even had a dog let alone 5. If you train your dog right even one dog shouldn,t be a bother let alone 5. The Plassey looked a nice site but no way would I pay for one dog let alone 5. Of course I know sites do charge but I choose not to use a site that charges for dogs.

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site
Jo

Thanks for that info re the fishing,although a pleasure fisherman as opposed to match hubby is pretty serious about it

If the sites are near enough we generally go to check them out first after the experience we had at Serles where the two lakes were the size of a goldfish bowl and the fishing platforms were so far above the water the rod wouldnt reach,not to mention a fiver a session which was half a day 9-1 & 1-5 which was not much use in the heat of summer

If John would like to comment further on the size of lakes and size,variety of fish,happy to hear

Gill

Jo

Thanks for that info re the fishing,although a pleasure fisherman as opposed to match hubby is pretty serious about it

If the sites are near enough we generally go to check them out first after the experience we had at Serles where the two lakes were the size of a goldfish bowl and the fishing platforms were so far above the water the rod wouldnt reach,not to mention a fiver a session which was half a day 9-1 & 1-5 which was not much use in the heat of summer

If John would like to comment further on the size of lakes and size,variety of fish,happy to hear

Gill
The fishing ponds (not lakes!!) are on average 15 metres across.....and there is a mixture of roach, tench & carp.

The average size of fish is small - about 6 inches long at most.

The herons & cormarants have had the bigger ones!

All the best,

John Brookshaw The Plassey Leisure Park

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts