Playing DVD in caravan

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Here we are on a wet Friday wanting to watch a DVD. Never used it yet. The DVD is playing happily, sound coming out of the speakers - no picture on telly.

What socket does the lead have to run from to the TV please?? I'm assuming it plays on the telly and we don't have to have a separate monitor?

Sep 30, 2006
Visit site
Valerie,

The video cable which I presume you have,usually has yellow plugs and should plug into a phono socket (yellow)on the TV. You will have to switch the TV to accept the input from the DVD player. You may have a scart lead (with a big multipin plug)which ends in red, white and yellow leads. Red is RH audio, White is LH audio and once again yellow is video.

Good luck,

Ron

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
So you have to have the telly at the front of the van to connect direct from the dvd player in the overhead locker? Just found a lead with a scart socket on it.

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
This is crazy.... We have the lead with the scart on it plugged into the front of the cd/dvd player and the other scart end straight into the telly. No joy - whatever is the problem? Tried all the input sources DVD/AVs etc. not a bean.

G

I am no more than a rank amateur with these things but no signal suggests that either there is a fault possibly with the cable, or even the dvd player, or more likely that you need to tune for the channel that is getting the dvd signal. I know it is supposed to be automatic, but I have had systems where you had to go look for the AV channel.

What i suggest, again purely as a dumb amateur is try the dvd player on your home tv and see if it all works there. If so then you know that is fine. Set it up again and try an automatic search of all channels and see if it will find everything 2nd time around. If that fails find a friendly geek and bribe him (as it usually is a him) with a cold beer or something to fix everything.

Sep 7, 2005
Visit site
This is crazy.... We have the lead with the scart on it plugged into the front of the cd/dvd player and the other scart end straight into the telly. No joy - whatever is the problem? Tried all the input sources DVD/AVs etc. not a bean.
Sorry this may seem obvious but is your telly on AV channel?

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Is it a Baileyone with built in DVD,our whit and yellow plugs were mismatched,maybe lighting in factory is not very good,might be worth checking,they use a couple of leads jackplugged together

Sep 30, 2006
Visit site
In the end we gave up!

Our van is a 2008 Coachman VIP with Sony CD/DVD player. TV is an LG little flat screen one.
Valerie,

I know it's definitely a DVD and not a CD you're playing isn't it???

Ron

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Hi Valerie

has it ever worjed before?

Is the dvd player pre wired into the van and you have connections at the tv points in the van (red,white and yellow)

Do you then connect a cable to the tv from these connection points?

How many connection points do you have in the van if you have any?ie you have 2 possible positions for your tv.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts