Please help me convince her indoors that small 5 van sites ...

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
We both enjoy quiet sites with no club house etc. But try as i may in 20 years of caravaning her indoors will not try one.Please help as i am sure she would enjoy the ones that have toilet & showers. Help me convince her.

tash

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Identify suitable CLs near to where you live, that have a good size, EHU, toilets and showers and take "er indoors" to look round.

Choose higher priced ones rather than lower as a few CLs with toilets are best ignored!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Look on the CC website and you can see what facilites the CLs have to offer. We use the on-board facilites most of the time anyway, so are not too bothered about toilet blocks - have you tried using yours - much better (we think) to step out into your own surroundings. You can run the Truma water heaters on both gas and electrics at the same time and this gives very quick recovery of hot water. We take two 8 litre jerrycans and have them next to the aquaroll so have over 40 litres of water to go at - plenty for two.

Dare I say it, but some CLs are adults only which means no cycling, ball games, small children waking early etc. Don't want to start the whole controversey again, but it's a thought.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
tash

If you live not fare from Suffolk come and visit our CL we have no toilets or showers just the corner of a small meadow set in woodland. If the other half does not like it no charge I cannot be fairer than that, ask the Mod to give you my E-mail address. I have to say we are well booked so you may not be on your own

David from Suffolk

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
We've stayed on a few CLs and CSs now as stopovers on longer journies and our experience so far has been very positive. We always choose sites with EHU so you don't feel like you're roughing it quite so much. You may find that more C&CC CS sites have toilets/showers as they cater for tent campers too. They tend to be portakabin types but we've found them to be clean, well looked after and perfectly adequate. The owners are usually very friendly and seem grateful that you're giving them your business (not a very common occurence in today's society!). We've even been allowed to stay until early evening for no extra charge when we needed to. It goes through us to pay too much for stopovers as we just need somewhere safe to park up. We have kids and have found that there is usually plenty of room for them to play safely away from vans.

Give it a go - if you don't like it, you won't have lost much as the most we've paid is

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Hi tash,

You will have to do what I did , find one that sounds ok to you and then book it without telling, then the night before tell her your taking her away for a surprise weekend.

I took my wife without her really knowing too much about it, she was quite happy with it when we got there and has agreed to try another.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
jasper

Thanks good idea I did the same thing one weekend I said I was going to Scotland the next day on my own & if she wanted to stay at home she could as she didn't fancy the journey. Now we go to Fort william every year.

Regards

tash

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
The big stumbling block in our family was the potential to not be able to plug in a hairdryer! Now this has been overcome, we are booked into a CL with EHU in August!

Jan 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Tash

I had strong reservations about the smaller 5 van CL's but decided this year to try a few. Have now done two and looking forward to the next one. I make sure it's got an EHU and loo disposal and the water tap. Just down the road from the pub if we need a stroll out. That's it set up crack a bottle of Red.. heaven.. absolute heaven. But on the down side if there is one, being picky, the last one I visited although superb needed a steady nerve going down the country lane with the hedge and bank nearly brushing the sides of the van. On passing a motorist who had kindly pulled into a gateway said 'believe have faith its down the end of the lane'.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts