Plymouth ferry teminal

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
We're thinking of doing the morning Plymouth/Roscoff crossing next year. It will involve travelling down from the North of England and stopping in or near Plymouth for one night, arriving 11pm-ish. Is it OK to stop on the dockside overnight? Has anyone done it? Will any facilities be open or will be stuck there on our own? Can anyone suggest an alternative?
Thanks in advance.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Jaffa's Dad, cant help you with the dockside, can you give them a ring and ask they may also know of a site nearby.
My other thought is, as you are arriving late at night it might be difficult to get a pitch although the site may let you use the late arrival section .
An alternative maybe to stop off at Exeter Services which are the last services on the M5 you would be approx an hour from Plymouth
Think they have some kind of charging policy in force for stays over a certain time limit.
Sorry cant be of any more help.
Just a thought Parkers Farm is on the A38 Near Ashburton they may have a late arrivals area.

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Yes we've stayed at Plymouth a few times, plenty of space to park up but I don't think the facilities are open - other than a loo. I'd check the ferry timetable and arrive after the last boat has gone and you'll be fine. We always travel in school holidays and have always had company...several cars, caravans and campervans are usually parked up when we get there around midnight. There is a campsite near the A38 but then you have to get through Plymouth early in the morning, we find it easier to park up at the port.
There's a car park at Roscoff that you can stay in if you're on the early ferry coming back, you'll pass it on your left as you leave the port.

Jan 2, 2008
Visit site
Thank you both for all the information. We'll probably stay on the docks overnight. We're coming back from St Malo, so will use a site convenient for the 10.30am ferry.

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Motorway services are expensive for what is on offer, also you will be in amongst the LGVs, so expect the noise of refrigerators & the smell of urine as drivers don't walk to the toilets and leave their vehicles unattended
smiley-embarassed.gif

TRENDING THREADS