PNEUMATIC TYRE

May 25, 2005
Visit site
We have been advised to fit a pneumatic tyre on our jockey wheel since having a motormover fitted. We were told that it would 'ride' easier. Any advice or critism would be appreciated.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We changed our jockey wheel when we had the mover fitted and it does move easier. However we got a budget pneumatic jocky wheel and it didnt last long, tyre kept going flat and then the forks bent. we have now fitted an Alko heavy duty one, cost

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I had an origonal "hard" jockey wheel when I first bought our mover and quickly changed to a pneumatic type. I found that with the hard type, when any sort of resistance was met there was quite a strain on the jockey post and it actually twisted the retaining clamp on the A Frame of our van-----no problem with the pneumatic type, although they tend to deflate over a short period of time---don't know why yet

May 25, 2005
Visit site
Just been looking at the pneumatic tyres and came across a solid typre with the same configuration as the pneumatic type. Are these worth considering? Thanks for your help.

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
Just been looking at the pneumatic tyres and came across a solid typre with the same configuration as the pneumatic type. Are these worth considering? Thanks for your help.
Ann I have a complete almost new pneumatic jockey wheel assembly from my previous van that I am loooking to sell but I don't know how to pass on any details without publising them on them forum. I live in the Worcestershire area.

Jun 24, 2005
Visit site
If you go to "edit profile" you can tick a box which says "allow other users to email you". This (I assume) would allow Ann to contact you direct. You can always untick it later.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We recently had a mover fitted & were similarly advised to change our jockey wheel to a pneumatic one - which we did.

Ride is better ( I think) but we have had a real problem winding the darn thing up & down. We have one with a Red top & it just does not have enough of a sweep to get a good wind on. We have also lost the jockey twice when levelling up - that was a nightmare.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Carol,

I've has similar problems with our pneumatic jocky wheel. Ours has a black top & doesn't feel as 'solid' or wind as easliy as the alko hard wheel we replaced. I think we will be replacing with an alko pneumatic as soon as I can get to Towsure.

Apr 2, 2005
Visit site
Carol,

I've has similar problems with our pneumatic jocky wheel. Ours has a black top & doesn't feel as 'solid' or wind as easliy as the alko hard wheel we replaced. I think we will be replacing with an alko pneumatic as soon as I can get to Towsure.
Most of the cheaper inflatable jockey wheels are on 2 ply tyres. Try and get a 4 ply version on a steel wheel not plastic. AFAIK Towsure do not sell Alko jockey wheels. I bought one from them some time ago and the tyre literally fell apart after six months. God knows how old it was. No receipt...no refund!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts