Polmanter/ Godrevy Park

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
As a new member of the CC I thought we would be using their sites. Having read lots of postings on this forum I am now wondering whether it is better for us to visit sites which have more going on as we have three young children. Am I right in saying that although the facilities on CC sites seem to be first class not many of them have pools, entertainment, and so on. The two sites I have mentioned I need to choose one and at first I was drawn towards the Godrevy site and then read lots of reviews about Polmanter. What do you think? I respect that that there lots of you that will want a site with nothing on for peace and quiet, so does all this come down to personal choice . The difficult thing is we havent been anywhere yet so don't know what to expect.

Jul 26, 2005
Visit site
The Caravan Club does not have many sites with pools, entertainment and so on. The Club has mostly 'sites' not 'holiday parks' which sounds like what you are after. They do offer some however, but I can't remember any.

Lots of families use club sites for holidays as they offer a safe place for children to play, ride bikes etc. I suggest that with kids, that you make sure that you are visting a site which has a toilet block, as not all club sites do.

I ma yet to stay on a Carvan Club site that is not up to a 'high standard' just make sure you check the facilites available first, they are listed in your sites directory.

Enjoy!

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
hi denise. We go to polmanter every year for our summer hols, what a brilliant site.we tried to book for three weeks but could only get two.Plenty for the kids to do but not to busy for us to relax. they have just built a new toilet block which is nearly as good as being at home.Good entatainment but not every night,good food,there is also a bus from the site in to st ives. the only problem is the long drive but well worth it.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Mark. We Have booked in for a week in Aug. Only an hour and a half drive for us - we live in Cornwall. We are staying local this year as its our first with the van. Any tips on a good pitch , they told me to look at the website but there are hundreds to choose from. Denise

Jan 4, 2006
Visit site
Hiya Denise. If you have young children, 116 in Geevor is a good pitch if you can get it!( opposite the play area )if not try 174 to 180 in Giew these are multi serviced grass with a good view over St Ives bay.We have also booked in August for two weeks. If you like good food at reasonable prices try the Union Inn on Fore Street in St.Ives bay, it's absolutely lovely.

Denise can you recommend any nice places to visit, we like picturesque little villages and fishing harbours.

Oct 27, 2005
Visit site
Hello Mark, Thanks for the info. They have put us in Morval but I will see if I can change it. As to places to visit, we have lots to discover, even though we live here we tend to go out of Cornwall for our hols as its gets so busy.Now we have the van we are going to see a lot more of it. I don't know if you gone to the south coast Porthleven is really lovely and so is around the Helford river near Falmouth. Hope you have a good time.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
We have 3 children and have used cc sites for the past 6 years, children are now aged 7,8,9. The cc sites we stay on have a childrens play area and toilet block which are kept clean. We feel that the sites are safe for the children. Lots of families with children use cc sites. Essential kit for the children are either scooters or bikes. We use cc sites for weekends and much longer holidays.

Some cc sites with more things than the childrens play area include

Looe cc site has a good childrens play area, mini golf, tennis courts, swimming pool

Hillhead cc has a swimming pool, good children play area, spa shop, restaurant, takeaway, entertainment in the evening if you want it

Longleat cc is a few minutes walk from all the attractions at Longleat, including the bus stop for the bus which goes round the safari park . Be warned the monkeys at the safari park can be rampant with cars. Use the bus, its worth it.

Pembrey Country park cc site is next to Pembrey Country park, which has a lovely sandy beech, good for walking and cycling, good childrens play area.

There are others, do check the directory

Hope this helps and your children enjoy caravanning as much as ours. Annette

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts