poor workmanship

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
just gone to look at our brand new elddis before we pick it up

at the end of the month and what did we find ,dent in side wall,damaged stickers ,chips out of front panel,and we didnt even look in side caravan.

my point is this has come stright from being made and it is ok to let the van be sent like this.

we informed our supplier what we found and they said it would be all done before pick up

i feel a bit sick and it feels like here we go again

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Neil,

I would not accept the van and certainly would not want it repaired before delivery (I presume that's what the dealer is going to do) After all you are paying good money and want a brand new van fit for purpose.

So much for the UK caravan industry again. That's why I bought a Hymer after various disastrous UK vans.

Hope all goes well for you

Regards Nidge,

PS. Do not slate off Elddis too much as the Mods will slap your wrists.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
its about time caravan makers are told how bad the caravans

are that they send out fit for purpose.

maybe when everyone starts buying caravans abroad they will get the hint and start making well built vans

its not elddis as a hole its all english caravan makers

dont know why you cant say the caravan makers name,because if they think that is a good standerd then they deserve it

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Why has the dealer accepted the van in the first place when it was delivered?

The dealer is running a crap business if they take second rate goods in the first place when delivered.

The manufacturer should have checked the van before dispatch, if it was OK then it has been damaged in transit and the dealer should have sent it back.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
there is no way of knowing why and when but you wouldnt have a new car like this ,

if van isnt a1 ,we will not hand over money and walk away

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
.neil,

See my post under "Caravan Industry has a lot to learn" in the buyers guide. We have had similar experiences.

The caravan industry (manufacturers and dealers alike) is an absolute shambles.

If it isn't right, the manufacuturer should not have released it and the dealer should not have accepted it. Further, the dealer should not expect its customer to accept it either.

All in all its shoddy and I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks so.

Its time the industry bucked its ideas up. It would be complaining if we all purchased foreign vans but if it doesn't improve that's exactly what I will be doing.

Make sure the bodywork is spot on. As the manufacturer said to me "the allbright warranty expires the minute you drive off the forecourt" - which is great reassurance as some marks only become apparent under different types of light.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
IAN

we have a 2005 van now and i would say the make but the caravan police will have me

the faults we have had are amasing

1 faulty battery box

2 leaking door window

3 loose fixings and fitting

4 no deflectors for air vents ,so when traveling water came in

to van

5 split in wall to bathroom

6 toilet outside door not sealed so when it rained bathroom

flooded

7 there is more but i could fill this page

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
.neil,

As I had the audacity to complain to the manufacturer and the dealer, our dealer has now written to us and all but told us to go elsewhere for our servicing work on our 8 month old van.

What kind of industry is so confident (or arrogant) about its product and service that it can afford to turn customers away?

Sep 16, 2006
Visit site
Good Luck with the servicing issue - I found out whilst shopping around for the best servcing deal, that most dealers won't service the caravan unless they sold it.... dispite the manufacturer saying you get a service at any one of their approved service centres - sounds good now put that into practice....

Sep 23, 2006
Visit site
if i was you i would tell the dealer that you are refusing the van because it is damaged (in writing. then i would go elsewhere and order another van.

jo-anne
That is exactly what some friends of ours did last year. Same brand of van delivered to the dealer with damage. The dealer offered a part respray, they refused and asked for another van. The dealer couldn't get one in time so they went elsewhere-and got their original deposit back after some firm talking.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts