Porch Awning 300 max

May 16, 2023
Visit site
Hello

Looking for advice on which air awning to get - I have a lunar zenith and measured up and looking for a 280 -300 size awning, I like the idea of the front coming fully off - any advise would be much appreciated
A budget of roughly £500 if possible

Thanks

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Dorema Quattro 275 has poles and front can come out fully or drop down over a cross pole to be half height. Good for all seasons too.

Nov 30, 2022
Visit site
You will doubtless get a plethora of answers from any number of people, each extolling the virtues of whatever they have purchased as clearly that must be the very best, musnt it??
My advice would be to look at as many as possible, and then make your own mind up as to what would suit you the best.

Reactions: Buckman and RogerL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
You will doubtless get a plethora of answers from any number of people, each extolling the virtues of whatever they have purchased as clearly that must be the very best, musnt it??
My advice would be to look at as many as possible, and then make your own mind up as to what would suit you the best.
There are some members who don’t extol the virtues of awnings they have purchased. Previous posts will show that some even have relatively unused ones stored not to be used again. It’s quite possible for a contributor to be objective, and give an appraisal of their awning, or previous ones. Following your advice would lead to no advice at all to the OP. Not much point in a Forum then.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have been looking for several months for an awning to replace our Isabella Magnum, but no luck with finding a suitable lightweight replacement. Our concern is buying an awning, finding it unsuitable and it being consigned to the garage until it rots and falls apart.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Outdoor Revolution Elan 280 inflatable Caravan porch awning might be suitable and you might find one for your budget .

Attachments

• elan-280_1.jpg
    elan-280_1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We have been looking for several months for an awning to replace our Isabella Magnum, but no luck with finding a suitable lightweight replacement. Our concern is buying an awning, finding it unsuitable and it being consigned to the garage until it rots and falls apart.
Get a grip B. You and I know nothing can beat an Isabella Magnum for ease of erection, quality and ability to withstand inclement weather 😉😉. I tried the Kampa Air Rallye Air thing. Absolute junk still residing in the loft
The Izzy’s are £2000. At a budget of £500 I’d suggest the OP saves a bit longer or looks for a used Izzy. If quality doesn’t matter…………..🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: Bluetonic
Oct 21, 2020
Visit site
Get a grip B. You and I know nothing can beat an Isabella Magnum for ease of erection, quality and ability to withstand inclement weather 😉😉. I tried the Kampa Air Rallye Air thing. Absolute junk still residing in the loft
The Izzy’s are £2000. At a budget of £500 I’d suggest the OP saves a bit longer or looks for a used Izzy. If quality doesn’t matter…………..🥴🥴🥴
We have an Isabella Minor (slightly smaller than the Magnum) great little porch awning and light enough if you split the fabric and poles into 2 different bags.
We do tend to use our Isabella Shadow sun canopy these days as it shelters the door quite well (obviously dependant of direction of the weather).
Personally, I found the Kampa air awnings really heavy and I’m neither too crusty or weak (for now 😊)
Have a walk around the camp sites and speak with owners of the awnings you see that look suitable.

Kev

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
That is the problem. Once you have had quality it is hard to downgrade. Air is definitely not an option and OH is adamant. Been looking at the poled Sunncamp Swift deluxe 325 or 390 awning and also the Swift 330 canopy. The prices are not astronomical as so even if we dump it after a year or two not a big loss. We will keep the Izzy for our long stays even though it is a bit of a struggle for us to erect

Reactions: Dustydog
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Just to add. I weighed the Izzy Magnum awning with side panels about 5 minutes ago. Including the bag the weight is 14.5kg, but excluding the poles.

The Sunncamp Deluxe 390 awning with panels in place plus poles weighs 11.5kg. If one removes weight of poles probably about 5kg, this takes weight for awning plus side panels down to about 6.5kg. Izzy without panels is probably about 9-10kg. Just a guess.

Maybe better to struggle on with Izzy?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I believe also you need to decide on how long your going away for. ie a weekend or a week or two.
We use our Small porch air awning , a 260 for storing the table and chairs in and the dogs bed during the day. If we are away for more than a week at one site we have a lightweight poled awning a 325 carbon lite, no longer available. We don't sit in the awning in the evening huddled in coats, that's what our Coachman 560, is for.
But us getting away now unfortunately getting less and less.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
The Izzy roof and little bits is quite light. I pull it through myself with some earlier help with Silicon spray in the awning rail. Far far lighter than the Kampa. A no brainer for me . I may have to buy a new Izzy. Ours has been re sown twice and all still good.Plus it’s one of the few awnings I’ve had in 40,+ years where I can erect it myself👍👍

Reactions: Kevin M
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
The Izzy roof and little bits is quite light. I pull it through myself with some earlier help with Silicon spray in the awning rail. Far far lighter than the Kampa. A no brainer for me . I may have to buy a new Izzy. Ours has been re sown twice and all still good.Plus it’s one of the few awnings I’ve had in 40,+ years where I can erect it myself👍👍
That reminds me I have to clean and lube the awning rail, before the off tomorrow to The Blue Lias.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I have one of these. Can't say it's worse or better than any others as it's the only one I've had. I can put it up on my own easily enough. One web site said 7 minutes....dream on..... but less than 30 minutes from out of the bag, and pegging it out completely, including ground sheet.

So far very satisfied with it.

They do larger ones I think.

Sunncamp

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I have one of these. Can't say it's worse or better than any others as it's the only one I've had. I can put it up on my own easily enough. One web site said 7 minutes....dream on..... but less than 30 minutes from out of the bag, and pegging it out completely, including ground sheet.

So far very satisfied with it.

They do larger ones I think.

Sunncamp
The poled version is only 6.8kg in weight and I assume that includes the poles. The air version is 10kg so for 4kg the air is definitely off the list. However either way they are worth the price even if they only last 2- 3 years.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
We had a very lightweight porch awning bought fir £70 from eBay as flood damaged. In fact when it arrived it was in original packing and absolutely pristine. We used it here and abroad for five years. In fact it basically led to the retirement of the full size Dorema. The reason we disposed of it was that its internal PU waterproof coating had deteriorated and it started to leak. So it went to awning heaven. But by then we had decided that full awnings were not for us and bought an Isabella Magnum pre owned from the CMHC Members Classifieds at less than half the normal price.

The only shortcoming of the lightweight porch was that it had condensation drip from the roof in late autumn through to early spring. The Isabella or subsequent Dorema porch didn’t suffer. I seem to recall previous threads where other lightweights suffered similarly and owners bought inner liners with mixed views.

SDC10720.jpeg

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
The only shortcoming of the lightweight porch was that it had condensation drip from the roof in late autumn through to early spring. The Isabella or subsequent Dorema porch didn’t suffer. I seem to recall previous threads where other lightweights suffered similarly and owners bought inner liners with mixed views.
The condensation is our main concern. We did have a Kampa air awning ages ago and the condensation was horrendous even when you left both doors open. Like a rainfall first thing in the morning.

As you mention, inner liners apparently resolve the issue, but we never tried one opting to sell the Kampa awning after only a few uses and bought the Izzy. Not sure if you cna buy a roof lining for the Sunncamp awnings?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The condensation is our main concern. We did have a Kampa air awning ages ago and the condensation was horrendous even when you left both doors open. Like a rainfall first thing in the morning.

As you mention, inner liners apparently resolve the issue, but we never tried one opting to sell the Kampa awning after only a few uses and bought the Izzy. Not sure if you cna buy a roof lining for the Sunncamp awnings?
We brought a roof lining for our Sunncamp porch awning it was great

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
The poled version is only 6.8kg in weight and I assume that includes the poles. The air version is 10kg so for 4kg the air is definitely off the list. However either way they are worth the price even if they only last 2- 3 years.
Our 260 Air weighs just under 8kg not including the pump.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
We brought a roof lining for our Sunncamp porch awning it was great

My Kampa is still in the loft. Whilst the additional ceiling liner helped it didn’t solve the condensation issue which really bugged us,never mind the four failures of air bladders.

Reactions: Buckman

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts