Portugal campsites Oct - Dec

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi does anyone have any recommendations for the 'Silver Coast' (North of Lisbon) Walking distance to beach, suitable for large outfit. Our first venture at this time of year, what's the weather like?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Brian, I can recommend the municipal site at Peniche. The site is on the outskirts of the small town and is within walking distance of on of the beaches.

Peniche is on a peninsular, almost an island, there are two surfing beaches, one each side of the town. The peninsular itself has a really beautiful coastline with dramatic cliffs and spectacular sunsets.

The site is on an area of sandunes and so is quite exposed. We have been to the site twice and it's been very windy, hence the surf beaches I suppose. The locals tell us that it's not always so windy.

One added bonus - it's the cheapest site we have found in Portugal or Spain!!

Clive

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian, I can recommend the municipal site at Peniche. The site is on the outskirts of the small town and is within walking distance of on of the beaches.

Peniche is on a peninsular, almost an island, there are two surfing beaches, one each side of the town. The peninsular itself has a really beautiful coastline with dramatic cliffs and spectacular sunsets.

The site is on an area of sandunes and so is quite exposed. We have been to the site twice and it's been very windy, hence the surf beaches I suppose. The locals tell us that it's not always so windy.

One added bonus - it's the cheapest site we have found in Portugal or Spain!!

Clive
Hi Clive, Thanks for your reply, What time of year did you visit?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts