post notifications

Jul 14, 2006
Visit site
Hi all. Can someone please tell me how to turn off posts. For some reason the last few weeks I am being inundated with new posts. I have looked in profile and cannot see anything to turn off. It tells you in the post to go to bottom of page and tick unsubscribe but there is only a button to subscribe. I have just had 7 while writing this.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
But if you go onto the topic that you are getting alerts for scroll down the bottom of each topic and it might be you have hit the subscribe button by mistake on individual topics , it should say unsubscribe .

Jul 14, 2006
Visit site
Thanks for the reply Craig. Unfortunately these are new posts and when I scroll to the bottom of page the only option is to subscribe. Then get notifications everytime there is a reply. This post has got the unsubscribe button.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
There is also a subscribe button at the top, just above the CATEGORY header when you are in the Category ( eg General) list. Try that. Good luck
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
It has also been happening to me, as well as the annoying need to keep Accept every time that I click on something. Ive emptied all of the MAC caches, and deleted cookies, signed out and signed in again but to no avail.

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
It's in the "profile" tab at the top of the forum page... make sure the Category Subscriptions box is unticked. I think that is normally on by default, it's a long time since I unsubscribed to the notifications...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts