Postal Gold/Silver

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone had any experience of selling gold or silver by post? My wife has asked me to sell some solid silver spoons that she has but I have no idea how to go about or how to avoid bein ripped off!

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
I haven't used these sites, but almost all of them seem a bit dubious to me. Check out the scrap price of silver - as this is what the 'postal gold' merchants will be using and will offer you only a percentage of the scrap price. Why not take the spoons to an antique dealer, locally, who may offer a free valuation. You would only get the 'scrap' value from the postal services - where, who knows, the spoons may well turn out to be 16th century Rat Tail pattern by a well known silversmith, and be worth a fortune at the antique dealers.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Try these people on the high street. SWMBO sold some scrap gold, earrings and bracelets recently and got just over £400. I wouldn't use one of those companies that are currently advertising on tv, where you send your gold away in an obvious envelope, best to have it weighed in front of you, that's after weighing it yourself at home.
Otherwise use a local independent jeweller.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts